You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
May Pike Fishing - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Meetups (/Forum-Meetups)
+--- Thread: May Pike Fishing (/Thread-May-Pike-Fishing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

May Pike Fishing - Nerdastic - 03-18-2013 10:23 AM

Anyone interested in joining up for some Pike Fishing as soon as the season opens in May?

RE: May Pike Fishing - MikeH - 03-18-2013 11:57 AM

Season doesn't close in toronto until end of March, you can go now!

RE: May Pike Fishing - Nerdastic - 03-18-2013 12:01 PM

Way too cold for me haha. Brazilian boy can't handle the cold Tongue
I would though if I knew of a nice spot to fish from shore. I live in Brampton, willing to travel up to 45 minutes for a nice pike.

RE: May Pike Fishing - MichaelAngelo - 03-18-2013 12:12 PM

I used to be crazy about pike... but now I don't really care too much for them. No idea why... I guess I never found a good spot to catch them and discovered carp Tongue . Sorry I can't be of help finding you a spot, I've never had much success for pike.

RE: May Pike Fishing - Nerdastic - 03-18-2013 12:23 PM

You can fish for carp at this time of the year? I mean, I know they are open season year round, but can you actually catch anything in March?

RE: May Pike Fishing - MikeH - 03-18-2013 02:45 PM

Not open season year round. Season closes end of March and reopens mid-May. (spawning period).

there are a lot of decent sized Pike coming into harbours and bays shallows right now as the ice retreats, feeding up, getting ready for spawning.

RE: May Pike Fishing - MuskieBait - 03-18-2013 03:14 PM

(03-18-2013 02:45 PM)MikeH Wrote:  Not open season year round. Season closes end of March and reopens mid-May. (spawning period).

there are a lot of decent sized Pike coming into harbours and bays shallows right now as the ice retreats, feeding up, getting ready for spawning.

I think he was talking about carp and open season year round. Wink

But yes, season close for pike from end of Match to mid-may.

RE: May Pike Fishing - MikeH - 03-18-2013 04:35 PM

(03-18-2013 03:14 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  I think he was talking about carp and open season year round. Wink

LOL.... long weekend....... Big Grin

RE: May Pike Fishing - MuskieBait - 03-18-2013 05:17 PM

(03-18-2013 04:35 PM)MikeH Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 03:14 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  I think he was talking about carp and open season year round. Wink

LOL.... long weekend....... Big Grin

Yeah, I'm like that some days too...and it doesn't take a long weekend either Big Grin

RE: May Pike Fishing - MichaelAngelo - 03-18-2013 07:08 PM

(03-18-2013 12:23 PM)Nerdastic Wrote:  You can fish for carp at this time of the year? I mean, I know they are open season year round, but can you actually catch anything in March?

I've only done it for a year, but my best carp day so far was April 3rd of last year. And they were already active by that time, so I can imagine they were catchable even sooner last year.

But last year was a strange year.