You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Buying back our waterway access points ++
03-20-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: Buying back our waterway access points ++
(03-20-2014 11:40 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  You'll rapidly bankrupt the MNR quickly with this...

For example...

A lake side property on any of the Muskoka lake is in the multimillion dollar range. Even a small rustic cottage on the shore of Lake Muskoka will cost $1 mil. You just want to buy land to create access...

In urban areas, even, for example sake, a river side property on an eastern trib, you're looking at several hundred thousand dollars.

Practically, how many plots of land can be purchased per year with that cost?

And also to be considered...where do we pick these locations to buy back from property owners?

Remember, just because it is the government, it doesn't mean you'll get it at a discounted price either. If I have some prime waterfront property, I'll be selling it to the highest bidder...and I'm a fishing enthusiast. The average property owner will do the same as well. You'll not be buying the property at a discount rate...worse, you may be getting it at a premium just because it's the government and all the bureaucracy that goes along with it...

It's an interesting idea, but not feasible at all...

It's plenty feasible. Think bigger......... and beyond your home town and personal interests

Half full pal.......... half full.

Firstly where did I specifically mention Muskoka or urban centres.

There's plenty more acreage that is undeveloiped (at all) north of the QEW, 403, 407, and 401 for lake Ontario............ then the list would explode in size on the other Great Lakes.

Cheers,

OldTImer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying back our waterway access points ++ - OldTimer - 03-20-2014 11:50 AM