You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Proposed Changes to Seniors Licenses
06-26-2014, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 09:35 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Proposed Changes to Seniors Licenses
I actually agree with everything you said, Eli. If I were to retire tomorrow comfortably, you'll see me fishing every day. If I retire at 65, you'll still see me fishing every day. Maybe then I'll finally catch a River Redhorse...

And I do agree that catch and release is a generational phenomenon.

But the problem I see is a political problem...that the government continued to fail their support of MNR operation costs though our taxes, and seeing that the future license dollar are going to decrease due to population aging...instead of finally owing up to pay for the programs through tax dollars once again, they use the excuse of "poor understanding of senior angling data" and throw in a senior license as a cash grab.

I have no issue with the principle of the senior license...and the way you break it down, I agree 100%...but I don't like the agenda behind the license...

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed Changes to Seniors Licenses - MuskieBait - 06-26-2014 09:34 PM