You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Proposed Changes to Seniors Licenses
06-26-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Proposed Changes to Seniors Licenses
I've got 22 years before I hit 67, the age that the late Jim Flaherty said I have to wait til until I could collect CPP, provided I make it that far. My dad is a senior citizen now and with the current price of gas, his trips have been cut back considerably. Mine have too for that matter, would love to hit Fort Erie or Sarnia but finances dictate I cannot at the moment. I didn't need a fishing licence until I was nearly twenty if I recall.

Even if the powers that be make it mandatory senior citiziens obtain a licence, most if they are smart will just let the Gov't pay for it anyway.. ie HST refunds, Trillium Benefits, Income Tax Refunds.

I suspect the reason younger people are not given a " break" is because it's sometimes easier for them to find work, senior citizens who have good health and want to work a few hours during the week just to get out of the house generally have a tougher time doing so.

As far as " limited resources" go.. it's not the individual angler who has caused it, it's the international shipping companies who dump their ballast water in port and as a result we have been "blessed" with gobies, zebra mussels, etc.

Just my humble 2.54 cents worth Smile
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed Changes to Seniors Licenses - Bassmaster - 06-26-2014 09:51 PM