You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bryan from Barrie looks to share knowledge and gnu friends
08-02-2012, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 05:33 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: Bryan from Barrie looks to share knowledge and gnu friends
(08-01-2012 02:50 AM)beaser Wrote:  For starters an 11 year old and an old fart are going to catch smaller fish.

LOL I like where this is going Smile Keep us updated on your adventures!

(08-01-2012 02:50 AM)beaser Wrote:  I decided on a Pfleuger President XT light reel and a fenwick eagle light rod. Thankfully, I did get a good price on some 6 lb braided line. The spool held 250 metres. Hindsight is 20/20 I know but after the spool was loaded I started thinking that I should have used some tape to dummy up the spool. I had also heard that some use mono to fill the spool.

I think you did the right thing filling the spool. You could have backed it with mono to save money, but you didn't have to (the Pflueger spools are braid-ready).

If you used dummy tape you would have regretted it if you hooked the fish of lifetime. I'm sure of this. You can never have too much line!!! Big Grin Also, some of the largest fish I've caught have been on my smallest lures... you can never be safe from a big fishy!!! Big Grin

(08-01-2012 02:50 AM)beaser Wrote:  Fishing fits in with my main hobby. I love photography and one of my interests is birds and wildelife. This past 2 weeks I've spent considerable time sitting with my tripod at the Langman Conservation area.

Sweet! My father is an avid photographer. Me, not so much... but I know enough to curse my crappie canon point-and-shoot almost every time I shoot my fish. My wilderness experience when I was younger consisted of fishing with my grandfather and birdwatching with my dad.

Welcome!

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bryan from Barrie looks to share knowledge and gnu friends - MichaelAngelo - 08-02-2012 05:30 PM