You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Drop Shotting for Rainbows
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 03:04 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Drop Shotting for Rainbows
(03-19-2013 02:23 PM)Freshwater Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 05:49 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Tie on your drop shot rig as usual with just one hook. On the end of the line where you would attach your drop shot, I would trim the line so that only 1" of line is left from the hook and then tie on a small swivel. Then you can attach a shot line via a perfection loop to the swivel...so you can change the shot line length as you desire when necessary. Essentially, you can have shot line of various length...from just 6" to 3'...and just change them on the go.

Not saying dropshot is not possible...if I were to do it, that's how I would do it. Wink

Maybe this type of hook can help you adjust the shot length on the fly? I don't know how much the tag end will interfere with the fishing though.

http://www.basspro.com/Gamakatsu-Swivel-...LL_PRODUCT

[Image: swivel_shot-octopus.png&sia=swiv...p;amp;q=70]

Why buy a new type of hook and swivel and quick release "gadget" when you can just use a regular dropshot hook and a regular swivel to accomplish the same effect? Wink

Don't buy into all this hype and marketing...new is not always better...it's just marketing to make you consume and spend money...otherwise, tackle company sales just stagnant and saturate. Wink

And yes, if you have to change your shot length from 3' to 6", now you have 2.5' of tag end near the hook.

That's not to say you can't have different shot length of line to switch out...but then, back to my initial comment...if you are changing shot line anyways, why buy a new and more expensive "gadget" when you can accomplish the same with just a swivel and a perfection loop at the end of your shot line? Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Drop Shotting for Rainbows - Sailor Joe - 03-14-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: Drop Shotting for Rainbows - MuskieBait - 03-19-2013 02:58 PM
RE: Drop Shotting for Rainbows - mcfly - 06-12-2013, 12:45 PM