You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Killed my first round goby tonight
07-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Killed my first round goby tonight
Fishing at Frenchman's Bay, and the guys next to me hauled in one of the little buggers. They didn't know what it was, so I told them, pointed out the identifying marks, and then told them it was illegal to release it back.

Than I stomped on it.

They were kind of shocked, even though I had warned them, and I must admit I wished there was a more socially acceptable way of despatching them. Afterward I realised that I could have hauled out my knife and severed the spinal column behind the head, which is probably what I'll do in future. On another board there was a thread about this; the stomper had been seen by seen by some people who were a bit sensitive, and they were offended. It might be an idea to do such things discretely, or at least humanely, we don't want to get a reputation as people who gleefully stomp on fish. And if anyone mentions anything be sure you explain, in detail, exactly why you had to do it. If that doesn't satisfy them then stomp on them...

I'M KIDDING! Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Killed my first round goby tonight - Dave Bailey - 07-14-2013 11:58 PM