You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

09-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Culling
Dig this:

I got into a fairly “lively” discussion today with a few anglers - re the culling of the fish one catches.

By culling – I mean the selective live release of “held” previously caught fish - so you may “upgrade” your catch.

It’s amazing how few experienced anglers actually understand the regs on this.

Here’s the regs:

Bottom line – culling is NOT available to shore anglers AT ALL, AT ANY time. Shore or pier anglers cannot cull from a stringer or from a bucket………. - If you keep it …………you keep it…period…… and you are required to take it home……………………… So make up your mind BEFORE you put it on the stringer or in the bucket.

If you are in a boat (with a 10 gallon or larger properly aerated live well) it’s only possible for largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, pike, and walleye………….. NO OTHER SPECIES.

And to top off this post – consider this (from other regs) – if you release a “dying” fish……. That counts as part of your daily catch limit…………. And also might be considered “abandonment” which is illegal.

Quite the maze huh!

................. comments?

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Culling - OldTimer - 09-19-2013 04:09 PM
RE: Culling - MuskieBait - 09-19-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Culling - Eli - 09-20-2013, 08:38 AM