You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Suggestion regarding Intro's and Welcoming
05-26-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: Suggestion regarding Intro's and Welcoming
(12-16-2013 04:54 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Here’s a new suggestion to hopefully promote members to post, and to feel more welcome & comfortable at OSF.

At date of my typing this OSF has 897 members – yet only 191 “introductions “exist in the welcome category.

Perhaps each member should be required to post an acceptable introduction prior to being granted the permission to view/download pictures and attachments………. Or make any other posts.

An “acceptable” introduction need not be much - just three or four sentences letting your fellow members know how long you’ve been fishing, generally where you hail from, and what species and styles of fishing are your favourites.

Furthermore – I suggest – that the introduction will gain acceptance after either approval of the moderator, or upon reciprocal welcomes from 5 different existing contributing OSF members.

Not a bad idea perhaps.

Plus ………… it sure will cut down on the "16+ posts in one night or so" zoomers.

Cheers,

OldTimer

I just thought I'd bump the original post for this thread....... as things wandered off course here.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion regarding Intro's and Welcoming - OldTimer - 05-26-2015 02:50 PM