You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Buying back our waterway access points ++
03-19-2014, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 04:57 PM by OldTimer.)
Buying back our waterway access points ++
Here’s a different thought …….

Seems a lot of time, effort and money are spent on artificially maintaining “suitable” ongoing “current mob pleasing” populations of introduced Pacific Salmon, or in trying to re-establish natural populations of regionally extinct Atlantic Salmon.

I see in the future ongoing surrounding, intruding, and development of the lands having Great Lake tributaries flowing through them.

In my thoughts I’d rather see these (or a portion of these) fish stocking funds spent to buy back such river/stream perimeter lands from all private interests, and then establish much more public access land along these watercourses - for all to enjoy going forward - permanently. They don’t need development – just a way to prevent their commercial use and get rid of any “no-trespassing” signs now or in the future.

Plus - Rainbow, it seems to me, have proven established naturally reproducing populations at many sites here in Ontario. Perhaps they should be the more popular, and plausible, choice for species maintenance/enhancement going forward.

It is "our" money you know. We collectively get to say how it's spent, and on what.

Comments?

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Buying back our waterway access points ++ - OldTimer - 03-19-2014 04:14 PM