You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Buying back our waterway access points ++
03-20-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: Buying back our waterway access points ++
(03-20-2014 03:29 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  I view the issue as more than just urban sprawl, but also development and spread of "cottage country". I talked to friends who are contractors and they are worries more and more of the Haliburton area is being developed as Muskoka is getting saturated and unaffordable. So you have "cottage sprawl" as well. Like I said, to develop a province wide consistent policy, you need the provincial government to do it. Can we still depend on the federal government? They are taking more and more away from us as we speak. Municipal bylaws are hard to control as each municipality (and the mayor as well as the counsellors may have varying degree of "interest" in this matter).

Again, it is not a money issue. You don't need money to require developers to set aside land for public access...unless you are blackmailing them. You need a policy that is enforced...such that it is either compliance, or the land does not get developed.

Yes - but sometimes it's a case of pay me now........ or pay me (possibly much more) later.

Land usage pledges are not blackmail - they are creative "soft extortion".... smile.....(Consider "either compliance or else")........ and can be politically or emotionally or etc. motivated........smile 2.

Subject lands are not currently in developers hands. Adding land usage pledges to them could possibly lead to inflated sale prices on the balance of the land and/or erected buildings, hence local COL index & inflation effects.

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying back our waterway access points ++ - OldTimer - 03-20-2014 03:48 PM