You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Parachute Guys
08-21-2014, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2014 09:17 AM by zippyFX.)
Parachute Guys
I just have to rant about this.....

Do you remember those parachute guys of our youth? We had hours of fun with them.... Throwing up as high as we could and watching the chutes open... Or running up the balcony stairs of the tallest apartment building and letting them drop.... Loads of fun for kids 5 to 9. you played with them until the parachute ripped or they go hung up on something.

Now-a-days they still sell them and I have picked them up a couple of times for my kids but for some darn reason they don't come assembled. you actually now have to tie the stings to the 'chute and the figure.

A couple of problems with this..... If you don't tie the strings at equal lengths the 'chute does not deploy properly... Also the chute material now has to be thinker because it has to be worked and because of this also fails to deploy at times.

For the 10-15 minutes of labor I have to put into it and the probability that they won't work properly they are no long worth the price and frustration.....

I am wondering why they stopped tying them up... Is it a cost thing? Is it a potential chocking hazard?

sigh....
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Parachute Guys - zippyFX - 08-21-2014 08:16 AM
RE: Parachute Guys - Panfish - 08-21-2014, 01:03 PM
RE: Parachute Guys - OldTimer - 08-21-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: Parachute Guys - MuskieBait - 08-21-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: Parachute Guys - Eli - 08-22-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: Parachute Guys - MuskieBait - 08-22-2014, 05:35 PM