You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Alberto knot (modified albright) failing on cast
09-11-2014, 11:29 PM
RE: Alberto knot (modified albright) failing on cast
(09-11-2014 10:08 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 06:26 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  Expensive failures.

Were these 3 casts among your personal bests as far as distance goes?............smile

LOL OT, expensive failures but much rather loose a few lures than a good fish. SO... I call that learning the semi-easy way. Tongue.

Ken, your post helped me understand the elements of knots and why they fail. Wicked explanation for how your knot works.

I call that not listening to Ken's prior advise and making mistakes your own way. Tongue

I've warned you about it...I've used it before and had it fail...and I don't trust either Albright or Alberto anymore. You're always looking for the easy way out with a simple and quick to tie knot. But look at the knots that GT and tuna anglers use to connect their braid to leader. Those guys don't mess around because their fish certain don't mess around. If you want to learn, learn from the BEST.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alberto knot (modified albright) failing on cast - MuskieBait - 09-11-2014 11:29 PM