You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Alberto knot (modified albright) failing on cast
09-13-2014, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2014 10:55 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Alberto knot (modified albright) failing on cast
(09-13-2014 05:56 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Edit: Actually... just thought of something. If I take the time to tie GOOD knots off the water... then I won't have to worry at all about re-tying because the knots won't be failing! Tongue. Ah.

Yes... ^ this...finally you are learning, grasshopper.

I never really have to retie a connection knot on the water...as long as my leader doesn't get cut too short...or get abraded.

But even if you have to tie knots on the go, it's worth taking the minute or two to tie an actual good knot.

Red Phillips looks interesting...but it is still a double line...making the size of the knot twice as thick as the mono/fluoro diameter. I'll stick to my "Ken's knot"...tried, trusted and true...never failed.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alberto knot (modified albright) failing on cast - MuskieBait - 09-13-2014 10:51 PM