You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

All set up for May 24! But I could use some help
03-18-2017, 12:28 PM
All set up for May 24! But I could use some help
Hey All,
I just rented a cottage on the south shore of Nipissing for the Victoria Day Long weekend for some rest, relaxation, fishing and family time. we've also rented a small boat with a 25hp outboard and I understand that Nipissing is a huge body of water. I want to catch and enter as many fish spiecies as possible, but I mainly want to target Walleye. (Side note. Last year, I caught my first Walleye in 20 years! I filleted it and made deep fried fish nuggets and now I'm hooked)

In terms of help, I could use some guidance in what areas I should be targeting. As I said Nipissing is huge and I don't know where to start. Also, I have to make sure to keep my wife and our 5 yr old daughter entertained, or else my fishing time is shot!

My plan right now is to find and fish weed lines close to our cottage keeping the wife and kid on worms either under a float or on bottom while I jig or cast cranks along the edges. I'll advise the wife to bring a book and I'll have a tablet loaded up with a couple of kid friendly movies in case we troll. And every once in a while I will open up the throttle to get the wind in our faces (weather and waves permitting) and as much as 25hp can move us.

If you have suggestions or tips I'm all ears! And not just for the fishing, if you know of any farmers markets, kids attractions in the area or any good fish fry recipes let me know.

... these were last years fish nuggets

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
All set up for May 24! But I could use some help - wknd outdoorsman - 03-18-2017 12:28 PM