You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Jewel Runaway Bay Jamaica 2017
10-30-2017, 11:19 PM
RE: Jewel Runaway Bay Jamaica 2017
One of the hardest things to do on he internet is to “hear” tone. And my “presumptuous” statement was meant to be cheeky or facetious, and I apologize if you took any offence to it. Judging by your response I do feel like I touched a nerve, so again I apologize.
As for the comments of doing things “my way” and disregarding locals intel in my vacay and that I was being presumptuous, you are 100% correct. I wanted to try to catch fish on my own terms. As I said before, I agree that I most likely would had more action using bait. but I personally would not have felt as accomplished if I hadn’t “tricked” or ilicited a reaction strike with my lures. Is that counter intuitive? Maybe. Was I making it harder for myself? Probably! Am I wrong to think or feel way? I don’t think so. One of the things I love about fishing is trying new things, learning on the fly through trial and error and learning through my own successes and failures. I can tell you, this year I’ve fished more than I have then the last probably 2 or 3 years combined and there were more failures than I cared to admit. But that is why I kept fishing. I took what I learned and built on it. It’s like a puzzle. I could complete a puzzle easier, faster And complete more of them in a specific time period if was given instructions to follow. But to me it would be more satisfying if I was to complete a puzzle on my own without the instructions. To each their own I guess, right?
You mention a couple of time that you don’t want to sound arrogant. Just a heads up, when you follow that up by referencing your species count or when you try to correct someone,“just to be clear... follows are not aggressive”, you do sound arrogant. Granted, you have every right to be arrogant. I mean 768 species from around the world is quite a feat! (Not being sarcastic, that’s pretty fucking awesome).
I’m not here to disagree with you or anyone in he forum. I’m just here because I want to share my experiences, in my own words and how I saw it. I don’t have very many fishing buddies, so I like to share some of my successes and findings with other anglers who are just as passionate as I am about the sport. I make my post informative and funny and deliver it in an exciting manor.
MB, maybe one day my species count can topple 700 and I can be as arrogant as you (cheeky). But in all seriousness MB, I admire your dedication to your craft and frankly Im jealous of the trips you have taken and the waters you have fished! There is much that I can learn from you, and I will continue to do so as long as you keep posting I can lurk in this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jewel Runaway Bay Jamaica 2017 - wknd outdoorsman - 10-30-2017 11:19 PM