You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What do you want from this Forum?
05-11-2018, 10:08 PM
What do you want from this Forum?
Hello All,

Last night I did some light reading as I always do before I retire for the evening, and to my surprise I caught a glimpse of a crazy thread on this forum. To my surprise I read that OT and Mb have retired from this site. I have to say, I do not know either of those 2 personally, but I have been a part of this forum off and on since May 2012.
I can definitely say I have learned a lot from both of those guys. I always looked forward to reading OTs posts about the Grand, catching catfish, and smallies. He gave me info that I used for my first saltwater trip and never seemed judgey when I would ask newbie questions. He did bring a lot of positive energy to the site. That was his contribution to the site and if he really does not come back I will for sure miss that! And his constant request for us to smile ☺
As for MB, I respect the dude for the wealth of knowledge and experience he has. He's fished all over the world and has caught hundreds of species, but I wasn't always fan of his writing style. The way I see it, he is a teacher and that's what he wanted to do with the members of this site. He wanted to show the facts, the science, the reasoning behind the fishing. It was his way of contributing, and I learned a lot from him. With that being said fishing for me is not always about facts, reasoning or science. And that brings me to the question in the Subject line

What do you want from this forum?

Two of our top contributers have seemingly left and that does leave a gaping void here. They both left because of the lack of participation so I want to do my part honour these OG's!

To answer my own question, I want to learn from other anglers experiences. I want to share my successes and stories with like minded people. I want to see meet up's happens so we can sometimes share in person. I want ask questions, knowing that there are people on this forum willing to help point me in the right direction. I want ppl to be inspired by what is being shared. I want more members to participate so we can become more than just random people on a forum, we could become a community... All in do time I hope.

What do you want from this forum?

(pic was added for visual appeal)
May 1st, Zone 17
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What do you want from this Forum? - wknd outdoorsman - 05-11-2018 10:08 PM