You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Getting around physical limitations
09-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Getting around physical limitations
I'm trying to get some fishing in and having a heck of a time getting it done without too much discomfort. I have a problem (so far) in a lot of repetative casting. (torn up shoulder and arm) I am working on a two handed technique to take the stress off of my right shoulder, becep and elbow. I was able to cast fairly accurately using both arms with my 8'6" shimano

I have learned how to do many things by "working smart". I top dressed my lawn and rebuilt my deck last year. One chap who walks by my house frequently found it quite amusing to watch some of my work arounds. It is funny at times.

I find I get a fair amount of satisfaction from drifting the bait or lure with the current. Using a slip float I've fished with wet flies and live bait. The woolly bugger and egg sucking leach appear to present themselves well on the trip upstream in fast water. the retrieval is no problem. I've been using an 8 ft leader with usually one piece of split shot

Has anyone heard of or used a float with crankbaits to get the lure into position for retieval. I actually tried this with a wordens flatfish a few days back. The flatfish is light and floats but the retieval seems to be ok.

Any means regarless of how silly it may look beats not being able to fish. Cool Big Grin Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Getting around physical limitations - beaser - 09-08-2012 01:11 AM