You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Heading To Jacksons Point
08-21-2015, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 05:13 AM by Aquaneko.)
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point
(07-13-2015 04:50 PM)GailBait Wrote:  I have several very good friends that serve as medics.

Paramedics will do all that is necessary to preserve life in a critical situation.

Minor injuries, such as a hook penetration, will be left to the emergency wards to treat.

Gail,

Thanks for the info. I was thinking the same as well before how scratches and such are low priority.
Managed to make it to Jacksons Point 2 times now since my last trip. OMG.. if you are fishing on the wave breakers bring some SPF9000 sunblock because you will get seared by the sun. 2nd last time I tried out the boat by the 2 breakers in the marina and found out as a head up to those using an inflatable out there that you can't fish in the marina. Love this place. I have met many friendly people and fisherman and exchanged some contact info with others. The people mostly are friendly here and relaxed here which is what I like. I haven't met too many people like I do in Toronto/GTA that are unfriendly or like you found thier secret fishing hole and get all grouchy at you. Most people here are friendly and willing to share fishing info with others.

I was thier this monday for a day of fishing and decided to try fishing the left wave breaker as the water seemed to be lower this time I was there. The left wave breaker water is just about knee height for easy crossing. I was all day and met two people also fishing for jumbo perch. I managed to catch my first jumbo yellow perch off that wave breaker but with my medium-light 6' - 6'6" throwing a 1oz sinker out I had problems setting the hook often as I had to do a double pull (1st pull to loosen the 1oz weight. 2nd pull to try to set a hook and reel in) to try and set the hook where as the 3 people I was fishing with had IIRC a medium-heavy rod in the 9' - 12' was able to easiily free thier 1oz weight and set the hook at the same time.

I decided to harvest my first fish ever which was that jumbo yellow perch which was about 10" and about 1-1.25lbs. I decided I wanted to harvest it given the size and that it was my first jumbo and wanted to try cooking it. I still have it in the fridge in the coldest section ungutted and unfilleted. Anyone got any good easy recipies for jumbo perch? Also how long can one keep a fish in the fridge unprocessed for?

I also did some night fishing but no luck. I did get some nibbles but no hookups. I tried night fishing till up to midnight before I decided to leave. Just a quick FYI here to anyone with a car with a dedicated 'power always on' 12v port. Unplug it when not in use and be careful of using that dedicated power on port at night. I was charging a cellphone and GPS while I was fishing in the parking lot but when I decided to leave and start the car it would not start cause I drained the battery low (thankfully not dead) and ended up needing to call CAA for a quick battery boost start. BlushSad So something to consider if you do come out this way and have a portable battery booster you may want to take that with you as insurance. Cool thing was the guy from CAA also fishes and was very helpful with local areas to fish and areas to pull out some nice fish.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Aquaneko for this post:
ramzy2000 (09-11-2015), ramzy2000 (09-11-2015)

Messages In This Thread
Heading To Jacksons Point - Anil_90 - 04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - Giuga10 - 04-29-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - zippyFX - 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - Anil_90 - 04-30-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - mcfly - 06-12-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - mcfly - 06-12-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - Giuga10 - 06-13-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - mcfly - 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - ifish - 08-02-2014, 12:42 AM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - Aquaneko - 08-21-2015 04:14 AM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point - dawife - 09-08-2015, 11:45 AM