You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Suggestion regarding Intro's and Welcoming
05-14-2015, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2015 05:25 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Suggestion regarding Intro's and Welcoming
Well, the idea is to have an active forum. If most of the members are silent and not chiming in, how active is it? Wink If most are silent and not participating, then what kind of community is it?

If the "good folk" are in the background simply silent, how do you meet these "good folk"? How do you know they are "good folk" if they never interact with you?

My friend Andrea speaks broken English...he types to me in Italian...but we still email each other back and forth...and we still discuss fishing techniques and arrange fishing trips together. Is it really a barrier? If you want to make it happen, you WILL make it happen.

I post on a Hong Kong fishing forum in English while most of the reader there converse in Chinese. We get it done.

The beauty of fishing is that it doesn't matter where you are from, or what language you speak or write. A knot is a knot regardless of language. A nice fish is congratulated just the same in many language. Writing skills or language is only a barrier if you want it to be the barrier.

When I was young, I learned to be computer literate by daily use of fishing forums...I have older friends who learned to use computers, emails and internet because they wanted to participate in fishing forum discussions. If there is a will, there is a way...and the learning comes with it.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion regarding Intro's and Welcoming - MuskieBait - 05-14-2015 05:24 PM