You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame)
05-27-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame)
Man, if I posted about every time I got skunked, I'd clog up the forum. But since this thread is live now I'll talk about yesterday.

On Saturday I happened to be biking by my summer perch spot here on the local waterfront and I noticed the water was full of alewives, and there were three pike lounging on the bottom. So yesterday after work I decided to go over there and see if I could get the pike to bite, or in the alternate, if the summer perch had arrived. As I was biking along the lake on the way there, passing a spot I don't normally fish, I spotted a trout just hanging out at the surface, pretty unusual sighting for over there. So I set up my gear as quickly as I could with the trout gradually drifting farther away. My first cast was off and landed well behind the trout, and by the time I cast again it was out of sight... I threw my spinner and worm in its general direction but to no avail.

Got to the spot I meant to in the first place, and the alewives were gone. (They were still present in other places including where I saw the trout.) No visible pike either, and no perch coming to my bait. Fished a couple of other spots as well and didn't feel a bite. Talked to a couple of other anglers at some of the spots who weren't having luck either. Tough time of year to pattern these communities, maybe.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) - tweedwolfscream - 05-27-2015 12:09 PM