You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My grandfather's vintage reels
05-16-2012, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2012 10:35 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: My grandfather's vintage reels
MikeH, yes the quickfire trigger works like a charm. I can't wait to try it out! However the drawback is uneven rotational mass, and this one has the most pronounced wobble when I reel it in my hand.

The Mitchell 2140 RD is made in Taiwan... bummer Tongue. I've been trying to tinker with the anti-reverse mechanism. It seems the "claw" that grips the anti-reverse teeth is worn out. Better reels have a bigger anti-reverse gear, this one is very very narrow, about 1cm.

I super-glued a small piece of metal on it last night, but that did not hold. Maybe solder is in order...

Anything come to mind?

OldTimer, I definitely do not have that red spool insert, was it some sort of insertable backing? I've read that mono should be used before braid to prevent slippage and spool cracking spool.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My grandfather's vintage reels - MikeH - 05-16-2012, 07:20 AM
RE: My grandfather's vintage reels - MichaelAngelo - 05-16-2012 10:34 AM
RE: My grandfather's vintage reels - MikeH - 05-17-2012, 01:45 PM