You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

It bothers me.... It really does...
10-28-2012, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 06:22 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: It bothers me.... It really does...
(10-28-2012 01:41 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  Now if you had caught a redhorse sucker, or a chubb, or a fall fish and the same thing was said, that would be a different story...

Indeed. This is the same issue we were discussing in another thread... what to do about the gobies, the carp... all other introduced fish. Heck... pacific salmon and rainbow trout are stocked fish as well!!

No right answer.

Personally, I'd rather see efforts towards restoring everything to how it was hundreds of years ago before humans decimated the Atlantic salmon and brooke trout and before Alewife invasion... but too much has changed since then. It may not be possible, so we have to move forward and "work with what we have".

Gray area.

Bettercallsaul, I don't remember ordering a background check on Guiga10 Tongue. He's clearly trying to raise our awareness on the above issue. No need to dig up dusty skeletons hereTongue.

Anyways, I see that we can either choose to embrace introduced fish or crusade against them. Kill all the introduced carp, gobies, pacific salmon, steelhead, and whatever else has been dumped in our waters.... or move forward with what we have.

Either way, if I see anybody slitting some silver shiner or redhorse... I'm not going to be happy Smile.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MichaelAngelo for this post:
Giuga10 (10-28-2012)

Messages In This Thread
RE: It bothers me.... It really does... - MichaelAngelo - 10-28-2012 06:20 PM