You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Interesting read on keeping body warm through proper clothes layering!
12-16-2012, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 03:31 PM by zippyFX.)
RE: Interesting read on keeping body warm through proper clothes layering!
This is good advice... I always use the layer methods and spent the whole day fishing outdoors at -8 with wind without getting cold (though I do need a better boots bought thermal socks but I need an insulating insole);Other than the torso (5 layers: thermal underwear, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, jacket liner and shell) and legs (two thermal underwear, pants) I found the addition of a skiing balaclava (which I wear my hat over and have the option for a hood on my jacket) and a neck warmer to be very valuable and practical. People I was fishing with were giving up after 90 minutes but I kept going all day.

One additional safety note when wearing many layers.... If you fall in the water the layers may wick up a significant amount of water causing you to be significantly heavier than you expect and could pull you under.... Just this fall in Ottawa a bride drowned when her dress wicked up water from the lake and puller her in.

If your in deep water in cold conditions nothing beats one of those safety suits.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting read on keeping body warm through proper clothes layering! - zippyFX - 12-16-2012 03:29 PM