You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2014 Multi-Species Challenge Proposal
04-10-2014, 07:52 AM
RE: MichaelAngelo's 2014 OSF Multi-Species Challenge Entries - 9
(04-09-2014 04:30 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  OT, you fail to realize that it was a proposed contest. After Nick posted that, there were discussions following whether only Ontario catches are allowed or not. This included you and I in the discussion. And again, no official rules had been posted yet.

If, as you stated, that time stamp matters, then note that February 24 is before March 2.

Yes Feb 24 is before March 2........... exactly my point.

I don't fail realizing anything.

Nicks Feb 24 posting was not a proposal. It contained no such words to that effect. It was quite clear. Any subsequent chatter did not include participation by him and was by other members discussing possible changes to those rules he had officially posted.

Not trying (in any way - as it becomes tiresome) to keep this discussion going but I will not be dismissed or allow my words to be confused.

Time to go fishing and have some fun.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 08:52 AM by MuskieBait.)
RE: MichaelAngelo's 2014 OSF Multi-Species Challenge Entries - 9
I'm tired of this.

I wanted official rules posted and it was ignored...rule were not posted where it was clearly seen and read...I pointed out cases when the rules are not followed when no one was aware of it...and I wanted better moderation of this contest so everyone participate on a equal playing field.

There is a reason the rules were stricter last year and the demand to comply was greater. People found it more hassle, but there were less compliance issues last year.

Very simple things that could be followed...like posting entries on the day they were caught, listing information on fishing locations or fishing zones where fish were caught...things to make it easier for moderator and judge to keep track...it was proposed and enforced last year to facilitate all this...and to make it fair for everyone.

Moderator and judge need to pick up the slack and make you presence felt if you were to have any kind of authority over this contest. Otherwise it will be a free-for-all. As much as it is a fun contest, we also want to make this a fair contest.

If people cannot moderate this contest efficiently, then it should not be held at all. It takes time and effort...so either put it in or we'll just make it free-for-all.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply