You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

4 Foot Earthworm Found In The Amazon
09-09-2012, 08:37 AM
4 Foot Earthworm Found In The Amazon
An explorer in the Amazon stumbled across a four foot worm while trekking through the forest.

Imagine using this bad boy for bait lol.
[Image: Sb7rP.jpg]

Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 08:16 AM
RE: 4 Foot Earthworm Found In The Amazon
i wonder how much it would cost for a doz of those to go fishing with and how long they will last Big Grin.

guessing a size 8 or 10 hook might be a wee bit small for it too
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2012, 01:10 PM
that's EPIC!! nice find!!

[Image: logobgs.png]
09-10-2012, 03:56 PM
So that's what the arapaima and piraiba feeds on...big bait = big fish, right? Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
09-10-2012, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 04:58 PM by Giuga10.)
(09-10-2012 03:56 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  So that's what the arapaima and piraiba feeds on...big bait = big fish, right? Wink

Just Google'd those fish. Holy cow are they ever big. If only we had them in Ontario, but we've got Sturgeons (sadly on reserve).

Giuga10
(09-10-2012 08:16 AM)Dseow Wrote:  i wonder how much it would cost for a doz of those to go fishing with and how long they will last Big Grin.

guessing a size 8 or 10 hook might be a wee bit small for it too

I'm thinking you could bring a hunting knife and slice an inch from it and put it on a hook (it would probably still be bigger than the worms we have lol). And A DOZEN!!!! You could last an entire fishing trip with half of that thing lol. The worm market would of crashed if someone was selling those monsters.

Thanks,
Giuga10
09-10-2012, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 05:57 PM by MuskieBait.)
(09-10-2012 04:55 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 03:56 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  So that's what the arapaima and piraiba feeds on...big bait = big fish, right? Wink

Just Google'd those fish. Holy cow are they ever big. If only we had them in Ontario, but we've got Sturgeons (sadly on reserve).

I wish we have those fish in Ontario too...then I don't have to spend $4000 and fly to Brasil to catch one RolleyesBig Grin Michael and I joked about a stocked pond idea, but it was most for amusement and it was only a pipe dream...

Lake Sturgeon is protected for most part of Ontario...but there are very limited number of places you can still fish for them legally...it just take a long drive to far northern Ontario...supposedly, there is a particular river where they are deemed overpopulated.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
09-10-2012, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 06:24 PM by Giuga10.)
(09-10-2012 05:57 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Lake Sturgeon is protected for most part of Ontario...but there are very limited number of places you can still fish for them legally...it just take a long drive to far northern Ontario...supposedly, there is a particular river where they are deemed overpopulated.

.......DID YOU JUST SAY OVERPOPULATED? OVERPOPULATED?
The fisherman's dream, all tightly compacted with enormous fish and a little river. I need to find this place haha. And the one place in Ontario where on of those worms can be used whole lol.

Thanks,
Giuga10
09-12-2012, 12:50 AM
(09-10-2012 05:57 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Michael and I joked about a stocked pond idea, but it was most for amusement and it was only a pipe dream...

We were joking?

*reads over shipping manifest from South America*

Cool

[Image: logobgs.png]
09-12-2012, 04:44 PM
(09-12-2012 12:50 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 05:57 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Michael and I joked about a stocked pond idea, but it was most for amusement and it was only a pipe dream...

We were joking?

*reads over shipping manifest from South America*

Cool

I actually lol'd reading that haha. Might wanna cancel that order Michael Big Grin

Giuga10