You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

04-27-2017, 07:55 AM
Algonquin
I'll be heading into Algonquin Park May 23rd. We usually enter on Tim lake on the east side of the park. We are going to work our way into Rosebury Lake on day 2. Anyone have any tips or info on good spots in that area?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2017, 05:27 PM
RE: Algonquin
Nope. Never fished in that area. Mostly grew up camping on Pog Lake and limited fishing along Hwy 60.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2017, 06:53 AM
Thanks anyway. The fish in your pic looks amazing! I'd love to reel in something like that someday
05-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Hi Bents88 - I just saw this post now. I think you'd get better response on the Algonquin Adventures forum, which has a fishing subforum you can use. A general Ontario fishing forum might also pay off. Most of the expertise and discussion here at OSF is about shore fishing rivers and harbours, especially in southern Ontario (though northern and central Ontario would be just as on-topic).

I've never fished the spots you're talking about. But as you probably know, Rosebary Lake holds lake trout, brook trout and various panfish. Some larger lakers there but I think you have to be patient.

Tim Lake also has lake trout but I hear the fishing there isn't great these days due to smelt introduction a few years ago.

The Tim River, on your way to Rosebary and beyond, could deliver some brookies if you stop at any inviting holes. Remember that in Algonquin it's illegal to fish within 100m of any dam, such as the dam at the outlet of Longbow Lake.

And btw it's the west side of the park Smile
05-15-2017, 01:43 PM
Be sure to write a report after your trip, I also want to know what fishing in Algoquin is like
05-15-2017, 06:34 PM
(05-15-2017 01:43 PM)Mdt Wrote:  Be sure to write a report after your trip, I also want to know what fishing in Algoquin is like
Anything about/anywhere in Algonquin you want to know specifically? Algonquin Park is a huge area, with lots of fishing info out there in various publications and discussed on various forums. I've fished a handful of interior lakes in Algonquin myself just not Tim or Rosebary (though I've paddled through them a couple of times).