You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bait vending machines
07-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Bait vending machines
Enybody knows how many bait vending machines (worms, leeches) and where are located from Markham to Simcoe and/or Scugog lake (Markham, Stouffville, Uxbridge, Port Perry). I know only one @ Shell (Aurora rd & HWY48).
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Bait vending machines
I would be interested in knowing this as well. Is there a communal map of bait purchase locations? That would be useful.
By the way. Are there worms available for purchase at a gas station or convenience store near the mouth of rouge river?
07-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Lebarons has one outside the building I believe.
07-18-2013, 07:26 PM
I've used one at Beaverton Pier at lake simcoe and the worms were very healthy. Ive been to lebaron where you can smell the rotting worms while walking by lol. Not sure about one near mouth of the rouge but scarborough has a couple bait shops on sheppard ave
07-18-2013, 10:18 PM
(07-18-2013 07:26 PM)mcfly Wrote:  Not sure about one near mouth of the rouge but scarborough has a couple bait shops on sheppard ave

ok thanks. I wonder if there are any around the south east part of scarborough.
07-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Lebarons in markham
I have used it,

There is another place that stays open long enough t supply the angler we all use it,

But if yo ever happened to buy a bad batch of worms from the machine at lebarons at woodbine andd hwy 7,

they will without question return your money or a fresh batch of worms,

the only reasons these machines stink as some people says is because no one ureally wants to use them,

all i really have to do is water my lawn and be patient, never pack your worms in soil always try to find a peat moss or peat loam to pack your worms in, and keep them in a breathable container

07-19-2013, 12:19 AM
(07-18-2013 11:48 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  never pack your worms in soil always try to find a peat moss or peat loam to pack your worms in, and keep them in a breathable container

good tip. My worms always die within 2 hours of fishing as they are always in soil. The worms I got from rice lake bait shop was in moss and they stayed lively the whole day!
07-19-2013, 07:57 AM
(07-18-2013 11:48 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  all i really have to do is water my lawn and be patient,

Are you saying the worms will come out after you water your lawn?
I have dug for worms in my back yard without much success. They are scarce and the once I do find are much much smaller than the ones for sale.
07-19-2013, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 01:33 PM by Jeremy Ray Green.)
(07-19-2013 07:57 AM)alex_fish Wrote:  
(07-18-2013 11:48 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  all i really have to do is water my lawn and be patient,

Are you saying the worms will come out after you water your lawn?
I have dug for worms in my back yard without much success. They are scarce and the once I do find are much much smaller than the ones for sale.

Yeah just water your lawn for an hour or so, just as the sun starts to set and you will notice the big dew Worms making an aprearance.
Worms are very sensitive to Vibrations, Just walking across your lawn will cause them to go back in their holes, You need to be quick, stand in one spot and you should be able to collect a dozen worms within a few sq feet of your lawn.
assuming your earth is moist....
You will get worms that are half in the hole the hairs on their bodies stick to the holes and makes it hard to get them out without breaking the worm, just be patient hold on the the worm tight and keep pressure on it, eventually the worm will give up, the hairs will retract and the worm will slide out of the hole easily.

You can get them to pop up in the middle of the day by taking some dish detergent and add a few drops around your lawn and water it in.

Although im not sure if this will kill the worms or if it makes them undesirable to the fish?

Also with the soap method, you will be making your lawn unattractive to all bugs including your worms, until the soap is degraded overtime.
Best not to use the soap and just use lots of water.

~Jeremy.

07-19-2013, 01:54 PM
If you're fishing with worms, never try to reseal the cover while fishing. leave it open or half open. After 5 hours of fishing crawlers still look healthy and lively as I toss them in the water...Sometimes vending get's some bad batch of worms that's why it stinks but I've noticed that in almost every vending I've been to. It's not like owners check and replace those machines everyday. In fairness to Lebarons. I've seen staff replenish those machines with fresh batches.