You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fishing After The Rain
05-10-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Fishing After The Rain
(05-10-2013 11:21 AM)tangpierre Wrote:  
(05-09-2013 06:25 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  DO NOT GIVE UP! I fished a local river today and there are still lots of Bows, landed one on the fly today. The Bows are not all heading back... most are but some are still spawning and a very small number are still waiting for a good rain to bring them up to spawn. Also until we get a good rainfall the water levels in many rivers will still be too low for fish to really head back, they will slowly start going downstream but they'll still be there.

I and some others think well still have a decent amount of Bows until mid June unless we get a crazy rainfall sending them back.

Go out there give it a shot, you never know until you see for yourself!

And yes the fish are active during before and after the rain just and different levels.
Here's a barometric chart that should help you decide whether to go or not. http://www.thefishingnut.com/articles/barometer.html <- Take this with a grain of salt... fish are unpredictable.

Hope this answered the question Smile

May I know which river you are referring?

Sadly I can't share. It's a very unknown spot and I wanna keep it that way. I know I may be coming off sort of rude but I love this spot and I don't want it to get too much attention.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 05:19 PM
[quote='Giuga10' pid='7560' dateline='
Sadly I can't share. It's a very unknown spot and I wanna keep it that way. I know I may be coming off sort of rude but I love this spot and I don't want it to get too much attention.

[/quote]

I know what you mean.

Yesterday I went to my spot and there were 5 idiots there just with a dip net. "Yo, can you fish here? What you catch bro? Why you ain't catching fish bro?" Splashing around in the water just being loud and obnoxious. I was pissed.

Probably a factor in why I got skunked last night.
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Besides being loud and obnoxious - they perhaps were breaking the law............. check out dip net legal uses and associated regulations.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 08:43 PM
hi mike;
try any fishing stores like sails, tightlines or lebaron, not walmart, ask them whats the best presentations, try the creeks and river u have heard of, friday is new moon , some says that its good time, full moon too,

one tip, get the blackbird floats, u will need them, and small slitshots;
have fun, gh33
CoolCool
05-14-2013, 11:48 PM
(05-10-2013 11:21 AM)tangpierre Wrote:  
(05-09-2013 06:25 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  DO NOT GIVE UP! I fished a local river today and there are still lots of Bows, landed one on the fly today. The Bows are not all heading back... most are but some are still spawning and a very small number are still waiting for a good rain to bring them up to spawn. Also until we get a good rainfall the water levels in many rivers will still be too low for fish to really head back, they will slowly start going downstream but they'll still be there.

I and some others think well still have a decent amount of Bows until mid June unless we get a crazy rainfall sending them back.

Go out there give it a shot, you never know until you see for yourself!

And yes the fish are active during before and after the rain just and different levels.
Here's a barometric chart that should help you decide whether to go or not. http://www.thefishingnut.com/articles/barometer.html <- Take this with a grain of salt... fish are unpredictable.

Hope this answered the question Smile

May I know which river you are referring?
cant tell u all the info, but steelies r still possible, rain on wed,so go out
06-11-2013, 01:14 PM
(05-09-2013 09:56 AM)mikea07 Wrote:  Hi guys,

I was hoping to get out today after work to try my luck for some rainbows.

The forecast is calling for some rain today but the evening looks like it should be clear.

Since I am not very experienced with this type of fishing I am wondering if it is still a good idea to go.

How active are the fish after the rain and is there anything I should be doing differently?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

One approach I've found to work well after a rain is a #10 hook with a worm on 4-6 lb. line and no weight. Toss it in and let it tumble downstream with an open bail, lightly pinching the line from time to time. It helps to walk softly and keep a low profile.

I've caught fish this way when another group arrived at the stream to stomp around and thrash it with lures.

Nothing happened while they were there (and they didn't catch anything). The fish started hitting again 10 minutes after they left.

Rain washes food into the water. If you can mimic that food, it shuffles your offerings in with the menu.
06-11-2013, 09:36 PM
It rained all day yesterday and today one of my creek spots was flooded and rushing with water. When it's like this I have a really hard time fishing as I usually use sinkers and bottom fish. I tried to do the free-line thing but the current kept throwing my baits into the edge of the water or into nearby trees!