You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fishing around Brampton, Ontario
09-26-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Fishing around Brampton, Ontario
(09-26-2013 08:19 AM)BassAddict Wrote:  Norton Place Park is being ruined by people that think it's a free meal. I had to explain to a family of four ("new Canadians") that what they were doing was wrong. They had four buckets filled with at least 50 LMB, Pumpkinseed, Rock Bass and Bluegill. They are not licensed anglers. They were also transporting live fish. They even had the nerve to ask me for my first catch of the day, a 1lb LMB. We need to do something to stop these people from killing off our ponds.

Did they dump the fish back in the water?

What did they do after you talked to them?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2013, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 11:22 AM by BassAddict.)
(09-26-2013 09:31 AM)instapump416 Wrote:  
(09-26-2013 08:19 AM)BassAddict Wrote:  Norton Place Park is being ruined by people that think it's a free meal. I had to explain to a family of four ("new Canadians") that what they were doing was wrong. They had four buckets filled with at least 50 LMB, Pumpkinseed, Rock Bass and Bluegill. They are not licensed anglers. They were also transporting live fish. They even had the nerve to ask me for my first catch of the day, a 1lb LMB. We need to do something to stop these people from killing off our ponds.

Did they dump the fish back in the water?

What did they do after you talked to them?

They took the full buckets home with them.

Honestly, I don't even know if they understood a single a word I said. They could barely speak English. They just nodded their heads with smiles on their faces. I felt like grabbing their buckets and tossing the fish back in.

It's such a shame. If they keep it up there will be no fish left in the pond. I've been fishing there for 20 years and it's going down hill fast.
Has anyone in the Brampton area tried fishing at Lakelands lately? If so, do you know if there is Bass in there? I took my nephew there yesterday for his first Catfishing experience and it turned out to be one of the craziest fishing experiences of my life. I ended up landing a few 1-2 lb Goldfish. This old gravel pit is filled with Catfish, Koi and Goldfish.

I've also started fishing at Professors Lake, lately. That lake holds some monster Large Mouth Bass. I haven't caught anything over 2 lbs, but you can see 4-6 lb swimming around. Never in my life did I think we would have big Bucketmouths cruising around in Brampton ponds.
09-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Call MNR....222-TIPS.

People will always try to pull the "No English" card.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2013, 10:04 AM

IMO the fishing at this pond is already quite tough, I've never seen too much fishing pressure on it though. You really saw them with rock bass and bluegill? I thought bluegill were nonexistent in that pond and that the rock bass were rare.
09-28-2013, 02:29 PM
(09-28-2013 10:04 AM)Randy Wrote:  

IMO the fishing at this pond is already quite tough, I've never seen too much fishing pressure on it though. You really saw them with rock bass and bluegill? I thought bluegill were nonexistent in that pond and that the rock bass were rare.

The west side of the lake by the green power box holds Bluegill. Rock Bass can be caught from the south shore right along the drop off.
10-21-2013, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 08:03 AM by BassAddict.)
One of my top 3 Bass out of Norton. I've had a lot of success fishing Norton this fall. I was talking with a worker from the city and they are planning on cleaning this pond as part of the new rec centre project. I was also talking with two MNR guys that were there testing fish for contamination. It was interesting seeing them fish with the electric rod.

[Image: NortonBass_zps6fc54d2c.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BassAddict for this post:
JoshEfishing (09-30-2016)
10-21-2013, 11:18 AM
I remember back in the late 80's fishing a pond on the Sheridan College campus around Steeles and McLaughlin. It was in a meadow that was lower than the surrounding land, it's now built over.

I used to catch nice bass there with jigs and worms..a creek that ran along Steeles in that meadow had a ton of giant chub (at least that's what we called those minnows)...i miss those days...
10-21-2013, 01:54 PM
(10-21-2013 11:18 AM)ST_ShoreFisher Wrote:  I remember back in the late 80's fishing a pond on the Sheridan College campus around Steeles and McLaughlin. It was in a meadow that was lower than the surrounding land, it's now built over.

I used to catch nice bass there with jigs and worms..a creek that ran along Steeles in that meadow had a ton of giant chub (at least that's what we called those minnows)...i miss those days...

I used to live right across the street at Steeles and Mclaughlin when I was a kid. Never fished the pond but we did catch many chub at the creek.
10-21-2013, 10:23 PM
(09-26-2013 11:10 AM)BassAddict Wrote:  I ended up landing a few 1-2 lb Goldfish. This old gravel pit is filled with Catfish, Koi and Goldfish.

That's interesting... what did the goldfish bite on? There're some goldfish in the ponds in my area but I can't figure out how to catch them Dodgy

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2013, 12:40 AM
(10-21-2013 10:23 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(09-26-2013 11:10 AM)BassAddict Wrote:  I ended up landing a few 1-2 lb Goldfish. This old gravel pit is filled with Catfish, Koi and Goldfish.

That's interesting... what did the goldfish bite on? There're some goldfish in the ponds in my area but I can't figure out how to catch them Dodgy

[Image: IMG_00001159.jpg]

I've had luck catching a few Goldfish using those yellow plastic floating corn we use for carp. BUT I did notice the goldfish were more reactive to corn that is moving (ie. I caught most of them bit while retrieving the corn, not a sit a wait type deal like carp). Thinking a piece of corn on a float would be ideal for catching goldfish