You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fishing around Brampton, Ontario
07-14-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Fishing around Brampton, Ontario
Professor's lake has a lot of largemouth bass but I find they're tough to catch. It's easy to catch rock bass from the shores west of the Recreation centre which is where most people fish. The area east of the recreation centre has yellow perch. The largemouth bass and sunfish can be typically found anywhere. Worms work well for the panfish and I've had luck with small 2" white tube jigs.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2014, 05:29 PM
I will investigate these places for everyone and post videos on my youtube channel youtube.com/wheretofish
07-24-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm visiting Mississauga next week end on a business meet, along with my brother Steve, so was checking in for good fishing spot and stumbled in this discussion. We are staying at Eglinton Ave West ( http://www.macsuites.ca/mississauga/the-...ississauga ) and I think the Professor's lake and Southlake are close by. When is the good time to go for fishing in areas? Is there a good shops to get tackle box and rod? We will be there for 1st - 3rd Aug.
08-20-2014, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 11:54 AM by Gambigator.)
We have been taking trips down to PA for the last 3 years to fish. This year stunk! When we got back, we bought a couple rods and started looking around CVC and Brampton for places to fish.

Island Lake in Orangeville was a bust. Apparently there was a mass Bass die off this year with the winter being so bad from the polar vortex. However, anyone looking for Pike fishing, I would recommend Island Lake, as Pike were illegally introduced there, and Anglers are encouraged to aggressively fish them. Pike prey on bass fry, and could be seriously impacting the Bass recovery this year.

I wonder if this winter has impacted all of the North-Eastern Americas.

As for "free meal" fishermen, that really upsets me. I grew up in Heartlake, and I have lived in the Brampton Area most of my adult life. I remember when Professor's Lake and Heartlake were packed with fish. Unfortunately, a new country takes some "adjustment" to the policies and societal expectations.

For anyone on this thread, you are probably responsible Anglers, as you have taken the steps to get here.

Here is what you need to know before fishing in Ontario:
https://www.ontario.ca/environment-and-e...-residents
https://www.ontario.ca/environment-and-e...nd-release

And a little Bonus if you are interested in fishing in the Credit Valley Conservation Areas.
http://www.creditvalleyca.ca/enjoy-the-o...gulations/
09-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Ive had the best Brampton Bass fishing season of my life. My PB Brampton large mouth was an estimated 4lb out of Norton. It was followed to shore by an even bigger LMB.

Also, if you're into pan fishing, Parr lakes are absolutely loaded with huge slab Bluegill. I would say its the best pond in Brampton to introduce kids to fishing. The north lake at the north west shore produces all day everyday.
09-30-2015, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 03:20 PM by Jeffd5.)
I did allot of fishing at Lakelands in Brampton this year. Best catches than any other pond/lake i been to all year.
You can toss a worm in and rake in 10 catfish in an hour or just user a spinner and catch almost a dozen LMBass.
(caught and released a 4 pound LMBass there not too long ago)

Recently the city put up a bunch of no fishing signs?? I'm like wtf? WHY?
(keep in mind when i first started going there i had to clean up the place cause people where leaving loose line around)

i sent them a message and they told me one person complained about someone gutting a fish on shore there? okay so one person is a jerk so they put up signs?

Then they mention bylaws prohibit fishing in all ponds in brampton except like 2or3?? what?

I am wondering if anyone has the know how to help change the bylaws to allow fishing in brampton ponds again?

The fish in brampton ponds are really thriving though.
09-30-2015, 08:06 PM
As long as it is public area, the city cannot prevent access to fishing areas.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2015, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 06:35 AM by OldTimer.)
(09-30-2015 08:06 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  As long as it is public area, the city cannot prevent access to fishing areas.

Maybe not (currently):

Wow – this Brampton bylaw is a tad dictatorial, over the top self-empowering and discriminatory................

https://www.brampton.ca/en/City-Hall/Byl...rkland.PDF

I'd suggest that any anglers who pay taxes in Brampton should complain formally in writing to their councilperson and mayor, and the press, about this............

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
10-01-2015, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 11:21 AM by MuskieBait.)
Yeah...I just saw that too...Dodgy

The difference here is that although it is a public park, the park is managed by City of Brampton...when then is a different kettle lake of fish...

Looking at this issue deeper...

From the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act...

PART II
HUNTING, TRAPPING, FISHING AND RELATED ACTIVITIES
General Restrictions

Trespassing

10. (1) A person shall not,

(a) enter premises in contravention of the Trespass to Property Act for the purpose of hunting or fishing;

(b) enter premises in contravention of the Trespass to Property Act in possession of a firearm, fishing rod or other hunting or fishing device;

© engage in hunting or fishing in contravention of the Trespass to Property Act;

(d) fail to leave premises in contravention of the Trespass to Property Act, if the person was on the premises for the purpose of hunting or fishing; or

(e) fail to leave premises in contravention of the Trespass to Property Act, if the person was on the premises in possession of a firearm, fishing rod or other hunting or fishing device.
Notice under Trespass to Property Act

(2) The Minister may authorize a person to give notice for the purposes of the Trespass to Property Act with respect to hunting or fishing on Crown land.
Interference with notice

(3) A person shall not interfere with any signs or markings that, under the Trespass to Property Act, give notice that,

(a) hunting or fishing is prohibited; or

(b) entry is prohibited for the purpose of hunting or fishing.

PART V
LAWS OF OTHER JURISDICTIONS
Laws of other jurisdictions

58. (1) A person shall not possess wildlife, invertebrates or fish that,

(a) were killed, captured, taken, possessed, transported, bought or sold contrary to the laws of another jurisdiction; or

(b) were removed from another jurisdiction, contrary to the laws of that jurisdiction.

Sorry...that's just how the chip falls...I guess.

But as a resident of Brampton, you can certainly challenge those By-law as OT pointed out...with the help of your local representative. That's what we have done in Toronto by challenging Toronto Park and Rec and actually had the No Fishing signs revoked.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
10-12-2015, 08:33 PM
(09-30-2015 08:06 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  As long as it is public area, the city cannot prevent access to fishing areas.

Sorry but your wrong. if the sign is posted that there is no fishing, you can still be charged by enforcement officers for disobey sign. I know this for a fact as an enforcement officer my self. just sharing my experience.