You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Giant White Sturgeon...
09-27-2012, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 04:31 PM by MuskieBait.)
Giant White Sturgeon...

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

My one and only was a baby compared to that giant...

Michael...excited yet? Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 07:40 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: Giant White Sturgeon...
Oh sweet, sweet fish!!! Great video Ken, I watched all of it!

Those reels don't look like levelwinds... LOL you guys were muttering something about laying line down

I can imagine, there would me a few other things on my mind other than laying line down.... LOL I would probably be a fumbling mess... trying to reel with my right hand Tongue

[Image: logobgs.png]
09-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah, those were Penn International VSX...very nice reels...2 speed as well! Somewhere in the middle of the video, the guide noticed that I was not making much progress. He pressed a little button on the side of the reel to change it from low speed to high speed. Somehow I might have bumped it and sent the reel into low gear so the amount of line retrieved per turn of handle was less than usual.

My whole mind was really going "Jump sturgeon, jump!" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

And thanks to Kazu for taking the video for me. Hopefully we can make similar videos soon with my GoPro.

Actually, I want to make it back to visit Kazu one day...to hunt for a larger sturgeon...and a Sockeye Salmon...and a Pacific Halibut...and...and...the sky's the limit out there. Big Grin

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
09-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Nice catch!

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
09-28-2012, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 09:01 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
(09-27-2012 11:37 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Yeah, those were Penn International VSX...very nice reels...2 speed as well! Somewhere in the middle of the video, the guide noticed that I was not making much progress. He pressed a little button on the side of the reel to change it from low speed to high speed. Somehow I might have bumped it and sent the reel into low gear so the amount of line retrieved per turn of handle was less than usual.

My whole mind was really going "Jump sturgeon, jump!" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

And thanks to Kazu for taking the video for me. Hopefully we can make similar videos soon with my GoPro.

Actually, I want to make it back to visit Kazu one day...to hunt for a larger sturgeon...and a Sockeye Salmon...and a Pacific Halibut...and...and...the sky's the limit out there. Big Grin

Sounds like you and Kazu had quite quite the adventure there! I'll be there one day, pullin' on sturgeon and walking rivers!

[Image: logobgs.png]