You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Growing Ontario Shore Fishing
01-21-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 05:13 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: Growing Ontario Shore Fishing
The Show's comin' real quick.

Any other "acceptable" ideas to get this forum promoted a bit there?

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Here's a new idea that might be entertaining and tweak the interest of new visitors possibly increasing membership while also giving active members a smile..........

Not my idea - but one I saw on a forum south of the border.

It's this....... their welcoming splash screen has a "picture of the week" which is drawn from posts or meetups.

Cool, interesting, nice catches, and funny shots will draw attention....... and give the contributor a sense of accomplishment and recognition having thier pic chosen.

If weekly is too much work MA....... how bout bi-weekly or ?

OT

See you on the river.
02-03-2013, 06:26 PM
(02-03-2013 05:31 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Here's a new idea that might be entertaining and tweak the interest of new visitors possibly increasing membership while also giving active members a smile..........

It's this....... their welcoming splash screen has a "picture of the week" which is drawn from posts or meetups.

Cool, interesting, nice catches, and funny shots will draw attention....... and give the contributor a sense of accomplishment and recognition having thier pic chosen.

OT

That's a really cool idea. I'd love to see something like that.

Giuga10
02-04-2013, 08:36 PM
(02-03-2013 05:31 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Here's a new idea that might be entertaining and tweak the interest of new visitors possibly increasing membership while also giving active members a smile..........

OT

I second that, I think that would be a great addition to the board,

at first you might want to start with a biweekely or something of that value.

As the board grows you might find having a weekly photo would be easier to publish.

~Jeremy.

Find all posts by this user
05-27-2013, 10:02 PM
It is great that everyone is willing to share and educate new comers and hope to be able to provide the same back to the community with some experience.
Find all posts by this user
06-19-2013, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 04:36 PM by OldTimer.)
A thought:

It may be time to further restrict access to inactivated unregistered visitors.

I know that seeing the attached pics and pdf attachments is not granted to "visitors".

But perhaps those not willing to join need not be granted the ability to see/read the text portions of other directories - like articles, meet-ups, expeditions, and off topic.......... at least.... maybe more.

The local Reports section and information there is already suitably set up.

The welcome area, contests, and general discussion areas should tweak suitable interest to get people to sign up..........

I think this may increase membership.... reduce unnamed proper "guests" who are actually members, but at the same time minimize the unwanted lurkers who reduce system software efficiency...... and give a clearer understanding of who really does visit this site by requiring a sign in or positive cookie check.

It really doesn't take much time at all to register then activate. So why not?

Cheers,

OldTimer

See you on the river.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to OldTimer for this post:
Giuga10 (06-19-2013)
06-19-2013, 05:49 PM
(06-19-2013 04:23 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  A thought:

It may be time to further restrict access to inactivated unregistered visitors.

I know that seeing the attached pics and pdf attachments is not granted to "visitors".

But perhaps those not willing to join need not be granted the ability to see/read the text portions of other directories - like articles, meet-ups, expeditions, and off topic.......... at least.... maybe more.

The local Reports section and information there is already suitably set up.

The welcome area, contests, and general discussion areas should tweak suitable interest to get people to sign up..........

I think this may increase membership.... reduce unnamed proper "guests" who are actually members, but at the same time minimize the unwanted lurkers who reduce system software efficiency...... and give a clearer understanding of who really does visit this site by requiring a sign in or positive cookie check.

It really doesn't take much time at all to register then activate. So why not?

Cheers,

OldTimer

I totally agree! Good stuff.