You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

05-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Grrrr...
Rivers are so flooded...damn it! Spoiling my plans...Dodgy

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2013, 12:17 AM
RE: Grrrr...
The Ottawa river is also running high and fast. Annoying me too Sad
Find all posts by this user
05-16-2013, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 04:15 PM by OldTimer.)
Yes the river water levels ARE staying up more this year than usual right across Southern Ontario.

In one way it makes going to your favorite spots and preferred methods unproductive. But my last two outings turned out to be fun (and successful) as I sought out alternate or new locations - using different methods and equipment.

In fact I may do so again next trip - kinda gettin to like it now.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
05-16-2013, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 07:05 PM by Eli.)
I love (resonably) high water levels. Keeps the big rough fish close to shore and feeding!
...but Ken, are we talking about your trip to the States?? Are those river at near flood stage and unfishable?
Find all posts by this user
05-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Yes Eli...I guess you and I can find Shovelnose another time...Mississippi was too high to fish...

And one river with high water tried to send me to the afterlife...well, exaggerating a bit...but it was high enough to flood my waders and I was just pushing gravel on tippy toes...

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
05-21-2013, 04:47 PM
(05-20-2013 05:49 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Yes Eli...I guess you and I can find Shovelnose another time...Mississippi was too high to fish...

And one river with high water tried to send me to the afterlife...well, exaggerating a bit...but it was high enough to flood my waders and I was just pushing gravel on tippy toes...

Glad to hear on the phone today that the bad weather didn't crash the trip Wink. Jealous...

[Image: logobgs.png]