You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

07-23-2016, 12:17 PM
Rainbow Hello!
I will be in Toronto 8/30-9/23 with my musky rod. I catch and release. Looking for tips on where to go and what to use from the shore for a good fight; big fish are a plus, but the fight is the important part. I will be able to drive a couple hours away if need be but not much more than that.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Hello!
Lots of carp down by the lake shore and they fight good

A NEW ANGLER SHARING HIS CATCHES WITH EVERYONE
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-28-2016, 08:37 AM
I don't know of any musky spots close to Toronto, but plenty of pike. People shore fish for pike along the various channels at the Toronto Islands, and even just in the many quays along the Toronto waterfront. Those urban pike are wary, though. For a day trip there's Island Lake in Orangeville an hour away that has lots of pike too, though I've only been there during hard water season so I don't know what the shore spots are like.
07-28-2016, 12:54 PM
Thanks so much! What's the best bet for a good fight along/near the shore of Lake Ontario? Bass, catfish? Live bait (which kind) or lure? Cast, bobber? I'll be staying in Long Branch between two little rivers
07-29-2016, 06:32 AM
At this time in the summer, Common Carp will give you the best fight. Simple corn and a hair rig is all you need.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user