You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

02-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Hello
Hey,

Like my name says I fish in toronto and am a beginner to fishing. I fish for anything that tugs but bass are definitely my favorite. I hope to learn a lot and hope fully help some others. I own all spinning reels, but hope to get into a casting reel this spring/summer. I am also learning how to fly fish. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

TOFishingNoob
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: Hello
Welcome TOFishingNoob,

fishing in Toronto offers you a great selection of fishing spots and species.

Fly fishing is a great type of fishing, I just started last summer and I love it and fly fish just as much as normal fishing.

Welcome Smile,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Giuga10 for this post:
TOFishingNoob (02-12-2013)
02-12-2013, 09:04 PM
(02-12-2013 09:00 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  Welcome TOFishingNoob,

fishing in Toronto offers you a great selection of fishing spots and species.

Fly fishing is a great type of fishing, I just started last summer and I love it and fly fish just as much as normal fishing.

Welcome Smile,
Giuga10

Thanks for the welcome! That's the beauty of living in Toronto! Most species I want to fish for are at my fingertips!
02-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Welcome Noob,
You from OFF?
It's amazing that right at our front door or quick drive and there's bass, salmon, pike, trout.....etc.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to grubman for this post:
TOFishingNoob (02-13-2013)
02-13-2013, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 06:01 PM by TOFishingNoob.)
(02-13-2013 02:02 AM)grubman Wrote:  Welcome Noob,
You from OFF?
It's amazing that right at our front door or quick drive and there's bass, salmon, pike, trout.....etc.

Thanks grub. How'd you know it was me?? Big Grin
02-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Rolleyes Haha kinda obvious.....lol. How's the fly tying going? I've been tying up a few nymphs for spring steel, but I hear they are good for bass too. I need some more hooks, hooks and more hooks.

Onwind is here too. I'm not sure what he's been tying up.

There's a few guys from OFF here too. Most just got sick of the crap there. This site is slower but still has the occasional "know it all". I'd rather post my flies here then on OFF. Too many "worshippers" on OFF. Only thing going for OFF is the high activity. The other site I gave you is a great place for information too. And the members there are really helpful noobs or not.

Once temps hit positive I'll be trying out my flies. Looks like it will be soon so Wiarton Willy might be right......lol. I sure hope so.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to grubman for this post:
TOFishingNoob (02-14-2013)
02-13-2013, 01:48 PM
I am tying woolybuggers this winter for float fishing this spring. as I will use a split shot on the leading line, I will not add lead on the fly.
02-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Welcome aboard T0FishingNoob

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to OldTimer for this post:
02-13-2013, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 08:47 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Hello TOFishingNoob, welcome to the site!

I picked up a few casting reels this year. I don't really see any advantage to them other than making it easier to cast thick mono. Still, fun to use! I'm sure that, if you're running braid, a spinning reel would do just fine for any application.

I'll let some other users chime in with their experiences Smile

[Image: logobgs.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MichaelAngelo for this post:
02-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Hey Michael
We got to hit some spots I scoutted out a couple of years ago. Not many boats can get in there so it's small craft/canoe only. I want to try out my bait caster too. I picked up a Berkley Amp rod they are cheap but bass on it should be fun. Get your/buddie's canoe ready for bass. I plan to use my Coleman pool boat.

I'm not a big fan of heavy mono. I think it's too visible to fish and they are able to see and avoid it. For heavy mono I think you have to trigger a fish'es instinct to hit and not finesse it to bite. Conditions have to be right when the fish are aggressive enough to ignore a heavy line. That's what I have seen. Lighter line for me has produced more hits.