You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

03-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Hello
Hi all -

I'm new to fishing basically as of this past summer, and I don't have access to a boat, so aside from the occasional canoe trip etc I shore fish. My attempts are mainly in or near either Toronto, where I live, or Grey County, where I often tag along on my girlfriend's family visits. I say attempts because I haven't had much success yet (though a few Grey County chub made some fine bait for nuisance raccoons). So I'll have a lot to ask.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Hello
Hey welcome to OSF. I am pretty new as well, but I am sure that there will be many old timers here that can be of help.
03-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi TWS,

Welcome to OSF.

Lots of great shore fishing in Grey & Bruce counties' rivers. I usd to do a lot of it around Owen Sound & Southhampton.

Regards,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-21-2013, 04:24 PM
(03-18-2013 12:05 PM)Nerdastic Wrote:  Hey welcome to OSF. I am pretty new as well, but I am sure that there will be many old timers here that can be of help.

There only one OldTimer here...not sure who else you're calling "old timers" TongueTongueTongue

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
03-21-2013, 04:36 PM
(03-21-2013 04:24 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  There only one OldTimer here...not sure who else you're calling "old timers" TongueTongueTongue

Funny.........smile....

Tick......... Tick......... Tick.............. ask not for whom the bell tolls.....

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
03-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Welcome!
03-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Haha thanks guys. Yeah, I have a lot to learn about the trout migration dynamics in all those Grey streams. When I'm up there in the summer I mostly cast off culverts down south in the Bajeros/Maple Valley/Singhampton area, but I'll also go up to the mouths of rivers like the Notty or Beaver to fish on Zone 14 seasons when 16 is closed. Might try that Easter weekend if I can figure out what'll be swimming in those mouths.
03-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the board.