You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hide your spots, show your pin
10-01-2013, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 04:29 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Hide your spots, show your pin
I was fearing the arrival of this day. The day I would sign on to look at fishing pics and see this. Is this what steelheading culture has come to?

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 04:33 PM
RE: Protect your spots, not your pin
Yep.......... we're doomed.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
10-01-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Hide your spots, show your pin
HAHAHAHAHA
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Man...so many d-bags in the float fishing scene...same with the fly fishing scene actually...too much elitism...

Should go out and catch a steelhead on a hand line wrapped around a tin can, take a similar shot and show it on the forum Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hm...I may actually consider it for opener...Tongue

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
10-01-2013, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 07:02 PM by fishfight.)
I own two decent inexpensive centerpin reel , and one fly reel with two smooth bearing drag, all from china at good price, but was criticize from other boards for owning inferior non-canadian made reel, and the amount of minutes it can only spin for. I have hardly used them since I love to catch and retrieve using lures for trout with spinning reel during winter months. I just cannot find time to master all of my reels. If I just want to catch fish, I can out fish some Pinner at niagara during winter months, it is equally challenging fishing on the snag-gable bottom,and fast moving waters during winter months. Fishing is such a huge industry, $40Billion in US and $12Billion in Canada, more than Tennis and golf related industry combined. We all get sucked into owning too many things we do not always have time to use due to busy schedules. Luckyily, I am not one of those guys get sucked in to changing and owning Iphone9 soon.

On other fishing forum, we can brag and show the picture of our catch, but we cannot help those who need help in improving their skill. Forum end up creating internal celebrities, or becomes a bragging boards. Others who had less talent cannot keep up from lack of big catch of the day. Some becomes somebody known within a forum, but when it comes to knowing his real character away of the forum, their personality sucks outside of the fishing world.

I also play competitive Tennis few hours a week, own only three types of rackets in 30 years I have been playing. The industry just change the material a bit and mostly cosmetic to fool most players. Tennis balls are dirt cheap if bought in US, cost under $3 a can, last for 6-8 hours of competitive play, old ones can be sued for serving purposes or given to needy kids. No need to spend too much money on gas or to go far away to fish and avoid the crowds. One cannot play tennis too long either, since our body gets tired from running. On contrary, anyone can fish for 8 hrs +. Fishing is definitely a costly hobby and time consuming if one gets too serious about it . I remembered fishing 20 years ago, just cast a jighead on grubs, and one would catch a walleye at scugog without understanding how or when.

Luckily, hardly anyone showing off their boats! Then we need to work our ass off to aim to own a 3-car garage house, to park our boat, just to ensure our fishing hobby is perfected to an extent.
10-01-2013, 07:27 PM

10-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin There you go! Awesome!

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
10-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I just got banned from the FB Steelhead group by posting that pic..haha
10-02-2013, 05:02 PM
That gave me a good laugh, thanks!

At the same time, I can honestly say that I'm extremely protective of my fishing spots. Places that I took the time to find and figure out will not simply be shared with everyone on the www, and sometimes that means blurring the background...
11-09-2013, 05:58 PM
(10-01-2013 06:14 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Man...so many d-bags in the float fishing scene...same with the fly fishing scene actually...too much elitism...

Should go out and catch a steelhead on a hand line wrapped around a tin can, take a similar shot and show it on the forum Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hm...I may actually consider it for opener...Tongue

I smell a new enthralling "OSF challenge" for 2014.

............... Master of baited hand line..............

Comments?

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.