You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

How to Farm Worms
09-13-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: How to Farm Worms
Good tutorial...now how do you make worms glow green? Wink
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2012, 03:09 PM
(09-13-2012 02:49 PM)Tyger Wrote:  Good tutorial...now how do you make worms glow green? Wink

Lol not sure if you were serious or not (I'm not too good with written sarcasm) if you were serious you have to buy this type of worm food that when eaten turns the worms a fluorescent green. It's actually pretty cool haha.

Thanks,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2012, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2013 09:12 PM by Giuga10.)
Progress Of The Worm Farm And Clean Up Report

My farm had been soaked for weeks because of heavy rain that had fallen onto the farm while I was at school so the worms were getting irritated, the bin was very heavy and it was starting to smell bad.

I decided I would redo my entire farm and tell you about it as well as some progress pics.

I started my sifting through the soil to get all of the worms out and get rid of the old dirt. I drilled some more holes into the bin as the small amount wasn't draining well.

[Image: Fe2oY.jpg]
[Image: BcNLp.jpg]

I added some new shredded paper bedding about 1 and a half inches thick.

[Image: DAV5x.jpg]

I also made a nice mess for me to clean up Sad
[Image: BNUhF.jpg]

Once all of that was done I added the fresh soil....It looked beautiful, literally Tongue.
[Image: hFdwz.jpg]

Here's a picture of all of my worms. Some baby's are there too! About 45 worms.
[Image: EkNWW.jpg]

I then mixed some carrots into the soil and got the worms back home they seemed to like it a lot better than the old one.
[Image: Ljtpr.jpg]

Everything was good except for one thing very young worms (white stage) and eggs were destroyed and lost in the renovation because they were too small to see. Sad

All in all it was a great clean up and I got to see how my worms were doing. (they were very moist and juicy) <------That's what she said Tongue

Thanks,
Giuga10
09-17-2012, 12:29 PM
(09-13-2012 03:09 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  Lol not sure if you were serious or not (I'm not too good with written sarcasm) if you were serious you have to buy this type of worm food that when eaten turns the worms a fluorescent green. It's actually pretty cool haha.

Thanks,
Giuga10

I guess that worm food is a secret formula. I remember seeing the green worm featured on tv show a few years back. It was pretty cool.

Nice photos of your project!
09-17-2012, 03:50 PM
(09-17-2012 12:29 PM)Tyger Wrote:  I guess that worm food is a secret formula. I remember seeing the green worm featured on tv show a few years back. It was pretty cool.

Nice photos of your project!

The formula actually isn't a secret in a sense. They allow you to buy it online from many different retailers and if you dig deep enough you can probably find the recipe yourself Smile.

Thanks,
Giuga10
09-18-2012, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2012 08:58 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Thanks for the update Nick!

I'm sure glow-in-the-dark worms exist. I'm also sure they would be KILLER fish bait.

I did a google search:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7567097_make-own...wlers.html

And:

http://www.basspro.com/Labs-Worm-Glo/product/44427/

BUT turning them green is different from glow-in-the-dark. Glowing worms would be most effective. You can buy glowing powder, but I think it's toxic. If it were somehow stabilized and fed to the worms, it still wouldn't make them glow because it wouldn't get incorporated into their skin.

More searching to do...

Heck they have glowing bunnies and rats... why can't "they" make glowing worms Tongue. I'm sure it's possible.

[Image: logobgs.png]
09-18-2012, 09:04 PM
(09-18-2012 08:58 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Thanks for the update Nick!

I'm sure glow-in-the-dark worms exist. I'm also sure they would be KILLER fish bait.

I did a google search:

And:

BUT turning them green is different from glow-in-the-dark. Glowing worms would be most effective. You can buy glowing powder, but I think it's toxic. If it were somehow stabilized and fed to the worms, it still wouldn't make them glow because it wouldn't get incorporated into their skin.

More searching to do...

Heck they have glowing bunnies and rats... why can't "they" make glowing worms Tongue. I'm sure it's possible.

Awesome digging I think I might pick myself up some of that formula.

And Glowing Bunnies And Rats!!!!!!!! I have to look that up lol. Never heard of it.

Thanks,
Giuga10
09-19-2012, 05:24 AM
(09-18-2012 09:04 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  Awesome digging I think I might pick myself up some of that formula.

And Glowing Bunnies And Rats!!!!!!!! I have to look that up lol. Never heard of it.

Thanks,
Giuga10

Search for GFP animals Smile

[Image: green_brown_mice.jpg]

[Image: logobgs.png]
09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Interesteing, do worms eat this stuff or does it just soak into their skin?

(09-18-2012 08:58 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Thanks for the update Nick!

I did a google search:

And:

More searching to do...

09-19-2012, 09:44 PM
(09-19-2012 04:32 PM)Tyger Wrote:  Interesteing, do worms eat this stuff or does it just soak into their skin?
Hmmm. Not sure. I think it's through eating but I'm no professional Tongue.

Giuga10