You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lake Toho, Florida...anyone been before?
04-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Lake Toho, Florida...anyone been before?
So I have been invited out fishing on Lake Toho in Florida during my trip down next week. All the reports indicate it's a kick ass bass lake, anyone been before?

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2012, 09:53 PM
RE: Lake Toho, Florida...anyone been before?
Haven't been there but I'm darn jealous lol. If you get to the coast, can you bring us back a mounted tarpon? *drools* lol

[Image: logobgs.png]
04-10-2012, 07:18 AM
I havent fished that particular lake but do remember my father talking of it. Big largemouth have been caught there. Good panfish too he said.

Bass fishing styles used in Florida are close to tactics used on our Rice or Scugog lakes in mid summer. Heavy weeds.

Hope ya have a blast, and nail a 10 pounder.

http://myfwc.com/license/

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to OldTimer for this post:
MikeH (04-10-2012)
04-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks.

I bought a license online last night, I'm getting quite the collection. Florida, Nevada, Arizona, New York....

04-13-2012, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 12:32 AM by MuskieBait.)
Bass are okay...but the exotics in South Florida (Miami-Dade) are way cooler!

There are many species of cichlids (Midas Cichlid, Mayan Cichlid, Jack Dempsey, Peacock Cichlid, Oscar, Texas Cichlid, Jaguar Guapote, Spotted Tilapia, Blue Tilapia, Mozambique Tilapia, Blackchin Tilapia...etc), Cobra Snakehead, Clown Knifefish, Grass Carp and even the odd Sorubim and Pacu!

There are also Florida Gar, Longnose Gar, Chain Pickerel, Dollar Sunfish, Redear Sunfish, Green Sunfish, Spotted Sunfish, Warmouth, Flier...the list goes on and on and on...and I'm not even counting the saltwater species yet.

Go fish for other species aside from bass if you have the chance. Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MuskieBait for this post:
MichaelAngelo (04-13-2012)
04-13-2012, 12:56 AM
(04-13-2012 12:30 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Bass are okay...but the exotics in South Florida (Miami-Dade) are way cooler!

There are many species of cichlids (Midas Cichlid, Mayan Cichlid, Jack Dempsey, Peacock Cichlid, Oscar, Texas Cichlid, Jaguar Guapote, Spotted Tilapia, Blue Tilapia, Mozambique Tilapia, Blackchin Tilapia...etc), Cobra Snakehead, Clown Knifefish, Grass Carp and even the odd Sorubim and Pacu!

There are also Florida Gar, Longnose Gar, Chain Pickerel, Dollar Sunfish, Redear Sunfish, Green Sunfish, Spotted Sunfish, Warmouth, Flier...the list goes on and on and on...and I'm not even counting the saltwater species yet.

Ken, you must be an aquarist! Is my hunch correct?

04-13-2012, 08:17 AM
(04-13-2012 12:56 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(04-13-2012 12:30 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Bass are okay...but the exotics in South Florida (Miami-Dade) are way cooler!

Ken, you must be an aquarist! Is my hunch correct?

I used to keep a 5 gallon...but that's years ago. Can't really call myself an aquarist anymore.

No, I just love fish species. I only know about the variety because I've fished there and read about it too. I actually have not catch many of the species that were listed, but next time I visit my uncle in Florida I'm going to go on a serious fishing quest.

It wasn't like I didn't fish like a madman last April when I was in Florida...10 days and I caught 29 species of fish...23 of them were new species to me. Big Grin I just love catching anything big and small. I can go from targeting Goliath Grouper one day to catching Atlantic Thread Herring the next. Big Grin

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
04-18-2012, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 09:03 PM by MikeH.)
Totally bummed out! I have been called off the Florida job early to fly back to Toronto for Friday, so I can be on standby to fly out to Calgary on Monday!!!! Crap! no Florida fishing for me.... Sad

04-18-2012, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 10:01 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(04-18-2012 09:03 PM)MikeH Wrote:  Totally bummed out! I have been called off the Florida job early to fly back to Toronto for Friday, so I can be on standby to fly out to Calgary on Monday!!!! Crap! no Florida fishing for me.... Sad

Sorry to hear about that Mike, maybe you can skip a night's sleep and buy a headlamp? hahaha jk but who knows what exotic species you could catch in just a simple pond there.

Now something tells me Calgary isn't a fishing haven lol

04-18-2012, 11:50 PM
(04-18-2012 09:59 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(04-18-2012 09:03 PM)MikeH Wrote:  Totally bummed out! I have been called off the Florida job early to fly back to Toronto for Friday, so I can be on standby to fly out to Calgary on Monday!!!! Crap! no Florida fishing for me.... Sad

Sorry to hear about that Mike, maybe you can skip a night's sleep and buy a headlamp? hahaha jk but who knows what exotic species you could catch in just a simple pond there.

Now something tells me Calgary isn't a fishing haven lol

My dad used to live in Edmonton and told me how the fishing was amazing, so it shouldn't be that bad
Find all posts by this user