You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking forward to getting to know the guys
04-30-2012, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2012 04:24 PM by fishfight.)
Looking forward to getting to know the guys
Hello to all avid anglers out there!

Always nice to accumulate more friends who have the same passion for this sport.

A little about myself:
1. Happily married to a trained classical musician pianist wife, proud father of a 16 year old son (who does not like fishing too much) and a 19 year old daughter, who is one of the top violinist in Canada.
2. My other serious Hobby has been the Tennis sport, I practice 3-4 times a week to compete at the local club every saturday morning. Did you guys know that Rafa Nadal's other serious hobbies were golf and fishing...... If he finds the time.
3. Self employed in the picture frame and art business. Very slow these days. More time and excuse to go fishing.
4. Been fishing for at least 30 years
5. Fish both on shore or on my 16 ft boat with 85 hp engine.
6. A generalist, fish all species from Carp to Salmon.
7. Learning to fly fish this year, picked up centerpinning last year.
8. Also got the New York Fishing license this year and looking for others to join me and fish Lake Erie.

I am Hoping to fish more often this year, and meet more experienced angler, I hardly fish much within the last 2 years due to other family commitment. Prior to that, I used to be fished addictively averaging 1-3 times a month, all throughout the year. -10 degrees will not stop me from winter fishing.

My fishing success rate have gone downhill within the last 3 years. Fish less often then I wanted to. All due to increase in gas prices, unpredictable weather pattern , especially on weekends and increase in fishing pressure at many lakes close to GTA. I might also became over calculative in my fishing hobby, finding excuses to not go too often. It seemed like the more knowledge and experience I accumulated in years, the less I am willing to take a chance to fail or to be successful.

I accidentally came across this site from another angler who promoted it on his avatar.

NOW, WHO WANTS TO FISH TOGETHER SOON FOR GOBIES? I know a secret spot!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 12:09 AM
RE: Looking forward to getting to know the guys
(04-30-2012 03:53 PM)fishfight Wrote:  Hello to all avid anglers out there!

Always nice to accumulate more friends who have the same passion for this sport.

A little about myself:
1. Happily married to a trained classical musician pianist wife, proud father of a 16 year old son (who does not like fishing too much) and a 19 year old daughter, who is one of the top violinist in Canada.
2. My other serious Hobby has been the Tennis sport, I practice 3-4 times a week to compete at the local club every saturday morning. Did you guys know that Rafa Nadal's other serious hobbies were golf and fishing...... If he finds the time.
3. Self employed in the picture frame and art business. Very slow these days. More time and excuse to go fishing.
4. Been fishing for at least 30 years
5. Fish both on shore or on my 16 ft boat with 85 hp engine.
6. A generalist, fish all species from Carp to Salmon.
7. Learning to fly fish this year, picked up centerpinning last year.
8. Also got the New York Fishing license this year and looking for others to join me and fish Lake Erie.

I am Hoping to fish more often this year, and meet more experienced angler, I hardly fish much within the last 2 years due to other family commitment. Prior to that, I used to be fished addictively averaging 1-3 times a month, all throughout the year. -10 degrees will not stop me from winter fishing.

My fishing success rate have gone downhill within the last 3 years. Fish less often then I wanted to. All due to increase in gas prices, unpredictable weather pattern , especially on weekends and increase in fishing pressure at many lakes close to GTA. I might also became over calculative in my fishing hobby, finding excuses to not go too often. It seemed like the more knowledge and experience I accumulated in years, the less I am willing to take a chance to fail or to be successful.

I accidentally came across this site from another angler who promoted it on his avatar.

NOW, WHO WANTS TO FISH TOGETHER SOON FOR GOBIES? I know a secret spot!

Fishfight Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

fishing FOR gobies I know a secret spot too. 2 hours 60 gobies for my Turtles TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
05-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Fishfight.

There is no failure in fishing. I’ve been skunked while fishing – but I’ve enjoyed it every time.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 09:29 PM
(05-01-2012 08:17 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Fishfight.

There is no failure in fishing. I’ve been skunked while fishing – but I’ve enjoyed it every time.

Cheers,

OldTimer

A bad day fishing Is better then a good day working..
05-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Welcome welcome! Great introduction!

(04-30-2012 03:53 PM)fishfight Wrote:  1. Happily married to a trained classical musician pianist wife, proud father of a 16 year old son (who does not like fishing too much) and a 19 year old daughter, who is one of the top violinist in Canada.

That's amazing to hear about your daughter, congratulations! Do you feel you two did anything special as parents to lead her to this accomplishment?

My mom's got her teaching ARCT in piano, but I never got into piano despite my mom's insisting. I played trumpet in our school's band and prefer recreational ukulele Tongue.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Awesome intro!

New here myself.

welcome.