You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My favourite fishing food, Nutella
10-25-2013, 10:57 AM
My favourite fishing food, Nutella
What a great video about my favourite fishing food!

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2013, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 12:07 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: My favourite fishing food, Nutella
So...still believe that Nutella is a good substitute for food?

You might as well bring a bag of sugar with you...a 1kg bag brown sugar is still cheaper than a jar of Nutella...and gives you just as much energy as you need Tongue

Here's a better idea...molasses...you get all the sugar you need (as a replacement to the sugar in Nutella)...and you can spread it on bread...or if you are even lazier, you can dip the bread into the jar of molasses...or if you don't have bread, you can eat it straight off the spoon Tongue

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
10-25-2013, 12:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENU9ZMEeww

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 01:14 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(10-25-2013 12:05 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  ...or if you don't have bread, you can eat it straight off the spoon Tongue

Same story with the Nutella.

Actually, what I learned from the video is that I can substitute Nutella for Oreo cookies Tongue

just kidding... Oreos are expensive.

10-25-2013, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 01:33 PM by MuskieBait.)
(10-25-2013 01:14 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 12:05 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  ...or if you don't have bread, you can eat it straight off the spoon Tongue

Same story with the Nutella.

Actually, what I learned from the video is that I can substitute Nutella for Oreo cookies Tongue

just kidding... Oreos are expensive.

Yeah, but why not improve on your economy? Why pay extra for the cocao powder and hazelnut...when you can go straight to pure sugar for 1/2 the price? Why make your body digest all that unnecessary cocao and hazelnut and whey when your body can simply digest the sugar and take it all in? I mean, forget proteins and dietary fibers and vitamins and minerals...just shoot glucose directly into your body...set up an IV. Tongue

Plus...Molasses will not go bad in the heat...it just gets runny...which is even easier to spread. If heated up, you can even pour it on bread and a knife is not necessary Tongue

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

10-25-2013, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 02:09 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(10-25-2013 12:05 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Yeah, but why not improve on your economy? Why pay extra for the cocao powder and hazelnut...when you can go straight to pure sugar for 1/2 the price? Why make your body digest all that unnecessary cocao and hazelnut and whey when your body can simply digest the sugar and take it all in? I mean, forget proteins and dietary fibers and vitamins and minerals...just shoot glucose directly into your body...set up an IV. Tongue

Plus...Molasses will not go bad in the heat...it just gets runny...which is even easier to spread. If heated up, you can even pour it on bread and a knife is not necessary Tongue

Sarcasm aside, it's clear Nutella is a pathetic excuse for a food.

Anyways, I used to go fishing on a bag of bread with a tub of hummus placed in the bag. Hummus is still #1 in my books. But it's insanely pricey.

Did I ever tell you my kidney bean story? I'm convinced that lentils are pretty close to a perfectly balanced single food item in terms of fiber, carbs and protein.

Lentils may be the answer. Maybe a DIY lentil of choice paste? The problems with canned lentils:

1)the insane amount of salt included with them
2) you have to bring a spoon, can opener, and then dispose of the can

I've thought of just dumping lentils in zip-lock bags and bringing a spoon. This could work but it involves some messy prepwork. I might start giving it a go though.

edit: Just quickly checking the nutritional breakdown of various canned lentils lying around the cupboards... I'm impressed with the ratios.

10-25-2013, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 02:59 PM by MuskieBait.)
Personally, I like edamame better...you can get some pre-cooked, frozen edamame, take them with you as you fish (and it will thaw as you fish) and simply pop them into your mouth. Done...no food prep, no utensils needed...just need a cooler to keep them frozen so they don't go bad.

Or you can eat Spam...or baked beans...or anything else that a normal human would eat. Big Grin Tongue

Malama o ke kai

10-25-2013, 03:14 PM
(10-25-2013 02:58 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Or you can eat Spam...or baked beans...or anything else that a normal human would eat. Big Grin Tongue

No wonder you always get the ice hut to yourself............ like hard boiled eggs too do ya?.............. grin

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
10-25-2013, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 04:23 PM by MuskieBait.)
Chili with lots of beans, loads of hard boiled eggs, throw in some curry and yogurt for good measure. Tongue

To get it really going, add about 3 glasses of milk Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Malama o ke kai

10-25-2013, 04:51 PM
If they cancel my gas plant, you can produce your own Tongue Big Grin

Malama o ke kai