You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Niagara Falls
08-07-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: Niagara Falls
The whirlpool it one of my favourite places to fish. I am fat and out of shape and the hike down is killer but it is an awesome experience for sure! The power of the water down there is breathtaking!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2013, 09:22 AM
(07-30-2013 02:23 PM)ST_ShoreFisher Wrote:  
(07-30-2013 02:00 PM)alex_fish Wrote:  
(07-30-2013 12:35 PM)mcfly Wrote:  Yesterday at the whirlpool action was really slow but we had a few runs.

I was waiting to hear about your report before I mentioned what happened on sunday at the pool. I had just about the worst fishing day I have ever had. And I very rarely catch anything at all. So what could be worse than not catching anything? The sight of a spot filled with active fish and fish being landed and still not catching anything. I could see fish breaking the surface literally non stop (during the morning hours, then it slowed down a bit). I also saw a couple of pike looking fish near the shore. Early morning hours produced in at least one big catch for a guy close by (not sure which species as I didn't go to investigate) and the rest of the time I was there others were landing large bass sized catches pretty frequently. It baffles me as to why neither I nor my friend got any bites. Sometime past noon we could no longer handle the disappointment and we decided to try other spots closer to home.

What were you using?

I live in Niagara and the whirlpool and lower Niagara are favorite spots of mine. #1 secret (for some reason especially in Whirlpool) if you smoke, descent your hands before using live bait. When I fish up North this doesn't seem to be a problem but here... #2 secret was already mentioned big spools of high lb. test. Some one mentioned monsters I'll tell ya once when I was fishing the Queenston Docks some American Kids were in a 12 foot Aluminum boat and had to be rescued when their boat was pulled under. The shadow I seen in the water was bigger than the boat! Unbelievable sturgeon in the Niagara. Many tales and folklore surrounding the fish! Sturgeon over 120lbs have been caught in the Lower Niagara!!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Eric Strohak for this post:
MichaelAngelo (08-21-2013)
08-21-2013, 07:39 PM
(08-04-2013 07:13 PM)ray6591 Wrote:  Catfish, Hearing of the water rising is scary... Have only been on one of those crazy boat rides they have there and never thought going there again let alone fishing... lol.. They told us once the boat left the dock that they only have had few accidents but by the way one person fell overboard last week. Had to hold on to my daughter till we came back ashore...

wait you mean... BOATS GO IN THERE?!?! (the whirlpool). I thought it was surrounded by rapids?

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user