You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Questions About Using A Chinese Float
09-24-2012, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 08:32 PM by Giuga10.)
Questions About Using A Chinese Float
Hi,
I was fishing at Toogood pond a couple months ago when I stumbled upon this float in the mud. It had been left by another fisherman. I picked it up and put it in my tackle box for later.

To this day I still have no clue on how to use it.

So I am asking you guys if you have any ideas or know how to use it. Anything helps.

Pics:

Regular pic. One side.
[Image: m2Ep2.jpg]

Another Pic. Same side as above.
[Image: kClAd.jpg]

Another Regular Pic. Opposite side from above.
[Image: ZrRP8.jpg]

The Float has sort of a cap that can be removed but it seems like it needs to stay on during use.
[Image: YS657.jpg]

The writing on it. It looks like Chinese but I'm not too sure. The top symbol is a Yin Yang but aside from that it just looks like Chinese writing to me.
[Image: vmScM.jpg]

Any help would be great because I've been dying to use it.
Also there is no spot that allows you to put the line through or clip the line on so I assume that the removable cap is where the line goes but again, I have no idea Tongue.

Any help would be great,
Thanks,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2012, 02:13 AM
RE: Questions About Using A Chinese Float
I have light-up floats from DealExtreme that have the same weird rope thing on the bottom and no place to thread the line. So I have the same questions as you LOL.

What I did is just using a rubber band to secure the float tight to the line... but I don't think that's the proper way to do it.

I really wonder what that rope thing on the bottom of the float does!

[Image: logobgs.png]
09-25-2012, 08:27 AM
I would imagine there are rubber rings that would have come with them to attach them to your line. If there are no holes to thread your line through thats pretty much the only other way to attach them.
Find all posts by this user
09-25-2012, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 04:58 PM by MuskieBait.)
Hm...looking at it, I would say you use a silicon sleeve (surgical tubing...etc) to secure the float to the line.

1) Thread the silicon sleeve onto your line

2) Thread the yellow portion of the float (at the end of the flexible rope part) onto the silicon sleeve

This allows your float to be adjusted to fish different depths by pulling that float up or down your line.

I would assume that the rope part of the float allows the float to adjust to different angles you line makes when a fish takes your bait. If a fish takes your bait and introduce slack, the line would be at a less steep angle. Your float can still bob upwards VERTICALLY when the line angle changes and the weight of the sinker on your line is negated (by the fish taking your bait upwards). If the fish pulls the line downward and introduce a steeper angle, the float and adjust to the steeper angle and still be pulled VERTICALLY downward.

The whole thing about this float moving vertically upward or downward is to...

1) Increase sensitivity

2) Reduce the chance of the fish feeling the resistance due to the movement or buoyancy of the float

This is a very slim float and it should slip up and down vertically in the water with very little resistance. That is why it can be very sensitive. If this float were to be dragged sideways, the stem of the float would introduce much more resistance in the water than if it was just sliding up and down vertically in the water.

Yes, that is Chinese writing...simplified Chinese to be exact...the two words in black is roughly pronounced as "Hing Fat"...together, it loosely mean "prosperity"...maybe that's the company or brand name. The insignia in red simulate a red engraved stamp and the word "engraved" is roughly pronounced as "Chiu"...and it loosely means "extra"...often used as an adjective. Not sure what it means in this context...perhaps "extra small"..."extra slim"...or perhaps "extra sensitive".

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MuskieBait for this post:
Giuga10 (09-25-2012)
09-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Extra egg roll?

Just kidding Ken....... really....... smile.

Cheers,

L

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
09-25-2012, 08:06 PM
(09-25-2012 04:49 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  .

Thanks Ken,
that was very helpful. And thank you very much for the translation, I now will be able to roughly understand what my float says instead of looking at it awkwardly lol.

Now to get me some of those silicon sleeves.

Thanks a lot,
Giuga10
09-25-2012, 09:35 PM
(09-25-2012 06:13 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Extra egg roll?

Just kidding Ken....... really....... smile.

Cheers,

L

Or fortune cookie...for good fishing luck. Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
09-25-2012, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 11:29 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
I don't think that float can thread onto the line... can it? I know mine can't thread onto the line, there's no hole to thread the line through.

These are light up floats I have that I was mentioning:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/battery-pow...r=52736955

[Image: sku_55505_1.jpg]

[Image: logobgs.png]