You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Richmond Hill area spots
07-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Richmond Hill area spots
Hello all I'm looking for some decent spots in or near Richmond Hill where hopefully I can find some carp but more importantly panfish so i can introduce my girlfriend to fishing and get her hooked easaly with some easy and abundant first catches, I hear thell the moderator MichaelAngelo on theese boards is from the markham area and should have some good spots but help from any members would be great.
Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Richmond Hill area spots
Hello Hectic,

Newer, recently built subdivisions usually have stormwater ponds. I've found that these ponds are usually chock full of sunfish that are easy to catch with worms. Give this a try and let us know if you found fish!

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2012, 01:28 AM
thanks! got a tip on a carp spot in the area?
07-19-2012, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 01:33 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
(07-17-2012 01:28 AM)Hectic Wrote:  thanks! got a tip on a carp spot in the area?

At one point, I had thought that any water body with thick vegetation must have been devoid of carp. I had seen a lot of carp activity in murky, unhealthy, weed-free waters and so I had figured that lack of weeds would indicate carp presence. I mean... carp eat the weeds right? Wink

I was totally wrong about this. After spotting carp in numerous other water bodies that have pronounced weeds, I've come to the conclusion that carp are everywhere Tongue. Everywhere... LOL maybe even as ubiquitous as the brown bullhead *grin*

Presenting a bottom bait to them in the weeds isn't easy. For that, we'll need a carp expert to chime in!

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-29-2012, 12:45 PM
If you can cast far, Vanek point @ Lake Wilcox is great.
You kinda missed the Crappie schools, but the Bluegills are super agressive and biting right now.

For Mill pond, I was able to catch some yellow perch. It's a tad shallow for a serious day of panfishing though.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to black_crappie for this post:
tangpierre (07-30-2012)
07-30-2012, 05:00 PM
(07-29-2012 12:45 PM)black_crappie Wrote:  If you can cast far, Vanek point @ Lake Wilcox is great.
You kinda missed the Crappie schools, but the Bluegills are super agressive and biting right now.

For Mill pond, I was able to catch some yellow perch. It's a tad shallow for a serious day of panfishing though.

Thanks for all the advice. I am also looking for the public access points of the lake fro some shore fishing.
08-04-2012, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 12:07 PM by Hectic.)
Here a link to the fish cought at mill pond.

Is it not illegal to fish at lake wilcox? the eontario website lists it as a spot in york but the RH site says its a no go? what gives anyone fish there regularly?
08-16-2012, 03:10 PM
(08-04-2012 12:48 PM)Hectic Wrote:  Here a link to the fish cought at mill pond.

Is it not illegal to fish at lake wilcox? the eontario website lists it as a spot in york but the RH site says its a no go? what gives anyone fish there regularly?

You can fish at Lake Wicox, just that for shore fishing, you are not allowed to fish near the Sunset Beach Park, i.e. where the canoe club is located. There is a sign telling you to go 500m south and fish at Vanek Park instead. I had been there last Sunday morning and a bluegill only.
06-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Has anybody tried the storm pond on Cassata Ave behind Bayview Secondary School?
06-17-2013, 09:50 PM
I love Mill, one of the spots I hit up a couple times per week, lots of carp if that's your thing. Not so many panfish, they are really small. But there's plenty of perch and a few nice bass floating around. (wait till next week to target bass). They are renovating Rumble pond and looks like it'll be great next year.

If you really want to get your girl into fishing bring her to shore fish at Lake Simcoe, make a day out of it, have a nice lunch and what not. Just took my fiance there today and she loved it, tons and tons of fish non stop.