You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Shore Fishing in Trenton Ontario
05-17-2016, 10:26 PM
Shore Fishing in Trenton Ontario
Looking for a good shore fishing spot for a variety of species of fish in Trenton Ontario? Would like to have some fun catching sheepshead/freshwater drum. I use to go years ago behind the local grocery store but not sure if fishing is still allowed there. Any suggestions/directions?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: Shore Fishing in Trenton Ontario
There is some terrific fishing just below the dam beside lock #1 on the Trent River, a half kilometer south of the 401. There is no longer access to the dam itself, but the pool and rapids downstream are full of all kinds of species from sturgeon and gar to musky and bass. Just be careful of the currents as the water levels and speed change on an hourly basis, and of course make sure of open seasons and size restrictions of your catch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-19-2016, 08:46 PM
(05-19-2016 02:45 PM)Deadfisher Wrote:  There is some terrific fishing just below the dam beside lock #1 on the Trent River, a half kilometer south of the 401. There is no longer access to the dam itself, but the pool and rapids downstream are full of all kinds of species from sturgeon and gar to musky and bass. Just be careful of the currents as the water levels and speed change on an hourly basis, and of course make sure of open seasons and size restrictions of your catch.

How do I get to this exact location? Thanks!
05-22-2016, 07:36 PM
(05-19-2016 08:46 PM)RustyNailz76 Wrote:  [quote='Deadfisher' pid='16537' dateline='1463683534']
There is some terrific fishing just below the dam beside lock #1 on the Trent River, a half kilometer south of the 401. There is no longer access to the dam itself, but the pool and rapids downstream are full of all kinds of species from sturgeon and gar to musky and bass. Just be careful of the currents as the water levels and speed change on an hourly basis, and of course make sure of open seasons and size restrictions of your catch.

How do I get to this exact location? Thanks!

What bait or techniques do you recommend at this spot?
05-23-2016, 05:58 AM
(05-19-2016 02:45 PM)Deadfisher Wrote:  There is some terrific fishing just below the dam beside lock #1 on the Trent River, a half kilometer south of the 401. There is no longer access to the dam itself, but the pool and rapids downstream are full of all kinds of species from sturgeon and gar to musky and bass. Just be careful of the currents as the water levels and speed change on an hourly basis, and of course make sure of open seasons and size restrictions of your catch.

Hi John.

So IT IS you. Welcome to the message board BTW. We met last year fishing at Rouge Beach. You might remember me. I was the guy with the red quantum telecast telescopic rod/reel combo which you helped tie my thrill slip bobber to and showed me the palomer knot (sp?) and some other fishing advice with my Uglystick rod.

Just got on to check what is new on the board and got back from the Stirling/Trenton area a few days ago and just saw this thread then saw your name which triggered a flashback to you and you and your friend mentioning of your blog. Checked your OSF profile and glad to see it was you.

Well a year has past and I finally broke the thrill on Tuesday fishing the canal by Tourist Road (Frankford) when I hit a tree snag. Not making an extend-a-pole with me which I normally do and using the telecasts ~8-10# test it snapped. Sad I could have sawed the branches down if it was a dead standing tree but it was a live one..oh well.
05-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Hey!

A year older and a year wiser?

I was in Frankford about a year ago and managed to pull a couple keeper walleye out of the fast water by the dam using, of all things, a safety pin spinner. After the second fish, my UL Okuma rod snapped in half on a cast! Luckily I never go on a road trip with only one rod. I've always assume the lure is lost as soon as it's been paid for but my expectations are a lot higher on rods and reels.
05-23-2016, 12:31 PM
I was hoping to get help from my question here, not seeing responses of renewing old aquintances LOL
05-23-2016, 02:37 PM
(05-23-2016 12:31 PM)RustyNailz76 Wrote:  I was hoping to get help from my question here, not seeing responses of renewing old aquintances LOL

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...ht=finding

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
05-23-2016, 09:19 PM
(05-23-2016 02:37 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(05-23-2016 12:31 PM)RustyNailz76 Wrote:  I was hoping to get help from my question here, not seeing responses of renewing old aquintances LOL

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...ht=finding

Cheers,

OldTimer

I do not see any info. pertaining to the questions about Trenton I asked....
05-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Sorry RustyNailz76.
I believe you'll find it difficult to near impossible extracting detailed info on locations on any fishing forum.
I pointed you in the right direction, what more do you want...someone to bait your hook for you?