You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame)
08-14-2015, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2015 02:47 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame)
(08-14-2015 01:04 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Chalk up one for me..........didn't fish all that long, then lightning, thunder and heavy rain chased me right off the river..................grrrr

Wouldn't say it was a skunk if you couldn't put an honest effort into it.

If that was a skunk, then I'm skunked every day since I'm at work and work prevents me from fishing Tongue

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2015, 02:51 PM
I did see something different though (and new to me) ............. a few BIG (3#+) silver redhorse in the shallow riffles with their backs and tails sticking above the surface of the water - they were jostling and rolling slightly like they were scouring the bottom for something.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
08-14-2015, 03:56 PM
And they were not responding to your presentation?

They could also be very, very late spawners. This year has been really messed up. I saw carp spawning in mid-July, and a friend reported a Largemouth Bass protection a school of fry recently.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
08-15-2015, 05:10 PM
(08-14-2015 03:56 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  And they were not responding to your presentation?

They could also be very, very late spawners. This year has been really messed up. I saw carp spawning in mid-July, and a friend reported a Largemouth Bass protection a school of fry recently.

Way too spooky........... And not definitely not spawning - single fish.

See you on the river.
08-15-2015, 08:21 PM
(08-15-2015 05:10 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(08-14-2015 03:56 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  And they were not responding to your presentation?

Way too spooky........... And not definitely not spawning - single fish.

I went to central island last Thursday, and I got skunked. So weird, thee was no fish, like none! Other than the pike I hooked at a harbour which my line snapped just when I was going to land it.Confused
Find all posts by this user
11-16-2015, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 03:32 PM by OldTimer.)
Chalk one up for me today. Fished 2.5 hours targeting carp using corn - saw little surface activity (2 light rolls - unknown species) and no minnows at all in the shallows . Not a tap.

Oh well - was still absolutely great weather and I did meet an angler older than I - we shared stories and our thoughts on the thalweg in the Grand at various access locations - good stuff!

Worthwhile day. Actually got some more tan.

Cheers,

OldTimer

See you on the river.
11-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Sorry to here OT!

I was out on Wednesday night and got three solid hits but all dropped the hook before they got to the bank Smile
Find all posts by this user