You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Snaps or Tie-on
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Snaps or Tie-on
(03-12-2012 05:43 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone uses a wire leader with husky jerks, because with the wire leader I found them to sink too quickly, and suspension was much better when tied directly on (although it did rise a bit).

I'd never use a wire leader with a husky jerk, they are to light and it messes with the presentation. They also blow out on a faster retrieve.

You can use x-raps with a wire leader though, or flat raps for that matter.

I wish Rapala would re-make the husky jerk to weigh more and retrieve more like the two mentioned above. Also the casting sucks with a husky jerk if your shore fishing.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I have always used snap swivels as it allows for quick lure changes. Ditto on keeping things simple.
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
depends on what type of fish to catch. I use swivel for catching salmon, but for a bass and other pan fish, I directly tied to the lure. If its for musky or pike, swivel with wire leader. I've had lots of line cut off without using wired leader.
03-14-2012, 10:56 PM
i guess it all depends what im fishing for if im after panfish it dont matter pike or other predator fish i sometimes i tie with braid or i use a leader