You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sportsman show report?
02-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Sportsman show report?
Anybody check it out this year? How did it compare to last year's show?

Michael

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: Sportsman show report?
In my opinion the show was great. It was my first time going so I can't say how it compares to last year.

There were a lot of giveaways from rods and reels, and lures to stickers and deodorant.

The guys from fish TV were really friendly and I enjoyed their seminar.

I was really happy with the MNR area, they were very friendly, me and my Dad got the chance to talk with one of the officers, we asked anout his job, how he likes it, what it's like, and how I could get into the field. They also showcased their stocking fish, they had Lake Trout, Chinook Salmon, Herring, Musky, Walleye and more. They also gave away some pretty good lures.

The venders were generally good, I stopped by one pro representing Gamma Fishing Line and was the nicest guy at the entire place, I talked to him for about half an hour about his product to fishing in general to him fishing pro tournaments to time he spends camping with his family, he was a great guy.

One vender had an amazing deal. He offered as many soft plastics I could fit in a plastic baggie for $5, I got at least 30 plastics which would have totaled about $50+ if I bought them separately. So I was really pleased with that.

The fly fishing are was great, lots of helpful people, I picked up about 15-20 flies for $0.95 each which was a great deal, there were also lots of fly tying instructors but they were all busy when I was there so I didn't get a chance to tie one.

The boating section was nice too. Lots of boats, more helpful and friendly people and lots of info.... And now my Dad is looking into buying a Skeeter Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin.

The last section was O.K very little motor vehicles mainly just resort booths and activities.

Overall it was a great show!
02-13-2013, 08:53 PM
(02-11-2013 08:29 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  And now my Dad is looking into buying a Skeeter Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin.

now that's priceless Big Grin

Best of luck... start posting pictures of cool boats all around the house...

Just ask my parents how much I used to bug them about getting a boat...

[Image: logobgs.png]
02-13-2013, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 11:26 PM by Jeremy Ray Green.)
I know where your dadcan get a 20 ft cabin crusier *loaded with fishing gear* for 6 thousand dollars,

I'll teach you guys for free how to salmon and rainbow fish on lake ontario.
I normally charge 200 dollars for a half day trip to un experienced boat owners/ new trolling fishermen.

its a bayliner,

its in whitby and has had allot of work done to it over the past two years, it is a steal.

I would buy it if i wasnt already commited to another boat.

~Jeremy

Find all posts by this user
02-13-2013, 11:29 PM
(02-13-2013 11:24 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  I know where your dadcan get a 20 ft cabin crusier *loaded with fishing gear* for 6 thousand dollars,

I'll teach you guys for free how to salmon and rainbow fish on lake ontario.
I normally charge 200 dollars for a half day trip to un experienced boat owners/ new trolling fishermen.

its a bayliner,

its in whitby and has had allot of work done to it over the past two years, it is a steal.

I would buy it if i wasnt already commited to another boat.

~Jeremy

Really 6k? Why so cheap, sounds like a great deal.
02-13-2013, 11:30 PM
The guy needs the money

might even go for 5 k, if cash is flashed,
he was asking for 11K last october.

~Jeremy

02-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Posted in another thread:

To be honest, I walked away from both the Sportsman show and the Spring Fishing show without buying anything. Mainly because I didn’t see anything that I otherwise couldn’t just buy at a retail outlet. Sure, there are “discounts” but usually for low end gear and stuff that I already have or don’t need 

I was hoping for more manufacturing representation. There is lots of hardware I simply can’t get in this country and I have to travel stateside for it.