You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Well Hello there
04-21-2017, 09:49 AM
Well Hello there
Well I guess I may as well introduce myself haha. I'm from the Midland area, and I've been fishing Georgian Bay for ~17 years now (plus some of the other lakes surrounding it). As the name says I like targetting gar, however I'm really a multispecies angler and value everything the same, from pike and bass to shiners and chubs haha. I generally like fishing for pike, bass, bowfin, gar, and panfish, however every now and then I like seeing what sort of cyprinids are in the local creeks, plus if there's an opportunity to catch something (trout, walleye, whatever) I'm usually trying to take advantage of the opportunity. When I discovered this forum and had a quick browse, I was liking the fact there are anglers that really like looking for those oddball species, not just the typical bass-walleye-pike-trout-salmon crowd Big Grin . Anyways that's enough blabbing for now, I'll leave a nice little pic of one of my favourite fish to target Cool

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: Well Hello there
Welcome garfisher. You're right at home if you love to target any and all species.

Beautiful male Northern Sunfish you have there! I love those beautiful little guys.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2017, 10:48 AM
The one thing I like about them is that none of the local fishermen really know they exist as they're usually too small to get hooked by what they normally use Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
04-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Welcome GarFisher!

I agree - As you say.......... each fish is equally valuable.

Hope you'll join in on our wee just-for- fun multi species challenge.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user